• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

exo

My OR sent me some more security papers to sign and mail in... I don't' know why I wasn't told to fill these out earlier. I wonder if this affects my FS... I'll call my OR Monday.

From what I understand, you can not receive a FS if you're security investigation has not begun. In other words, your investigation does not need to be completed in order for you to receive the FS, but it must be started. If these "forms" have prohibited them from starting the investigation then you're looking at a few more weeks bud. Pray otherwise.:D

exo

We shall see, I've already signed about 5 forms releasing information for the background check so who knows. I'll be talking to him Monday.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Exo! That is exactly what happened to me! I faxed the same three papers five different times! Its a computer on the other end that picks up the numbers on the bottom of the sheet. It took a week and a half or so after they got them squared away to get my FS. Sonicboom is right. Background checks take like 6 mths to complete, but they get them started before we recieve the FS.

USNMark

Yeah, various paperwork issues crop up with many packages at various points (lol yes I am painting a broad picture for a broad range of applicants). I myself had a few issues beyond my control that arose but that's why there are processors and computer systems to handle our paperwork--even though it's frustrating as hell to hear, "oh, there was something that came up with this date that was listed in the EPSQ and I need you to confirm X and Y before Z can happen...." Something (some signature, form, loose sheet of paper) will always be missing whether it was our own doing or the accidental omission of our ORs (EXTREMELY rare), etc. For the pro-rec officer applicants, it almost always gets cleared up. For those of you who have administrative issues showing up, don't worry; everything should be perfectly fine in a few weeks. Keep the faith!

OccamsRazor

Final Select BDCP Intel
Nope...I'm still waiting for clearance to finish. They showed up at my house today, still waiting for a call on the subject interview....sigh.

bizlake

Another A-Pool Guy
Bad news bears... the doc says I can run by feb 1st with a brace (Dec. ankle injury), but my OR cannot send me to OCS with a brace. I have been reassigned to a march class date. Sorry guys! I hope there are more than 7 of you. I am truly upset that I cant join you guys. Maybe you guys will be the ones that show my class around OCS!? Cut me some slack then, because I was almost with you guys!

USNMark

Have you taken your ankle injury to a sports clinic? Sometimes (perhaps frequently? :-P ) doctors are prone to go overboard with rest, supports, and extra garbage to restrict motion following injuries. After some tendonitis in my shoulder during my senior year of high school swimming, I was initially told by my doctor that I would need to take ridiculous amounts of Motrin and rest my shoulder entirely for 2 weeks. On the advice of friends and my coach, I went to a sports clinic, where they put ice and electrodes on my shoulder muscles, then gave me some surgical tubing to work out my rotator cuff muscles at home. They said within 2 or 3 days I should be able to try some light swimming with the team. Easily within a week I was back to swimming as normal, no problems (ever again really). Long story I know, but hey, maybe your ankle (and February 1st) has hope!

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Bad news bears... the doc says I can run by feb 1st with a brace (Dec. ankle injury), but my OR cannot send me to OCS with a brace. I have been reassigned to a march class date. Sorry guys! I hope there are more than 7 of you. I am truly upset that I cant join you guys. Maybe you guys will be the ones that show my class around OCS!? Cut me some slack then, because I was almost with you guys!
not knowing anything about your injury i'd say you can't ever go wrong with resting up longer than necessary for an injury prior to OCS.

OCS will make any prior injuries very apparent if they arn't quite healed up yet. H-class has plenty of people who can attest to that.

nugget61

pilot
Damn, y'all are making me jealous. Granted, I hope to be pulling in bdcp checks soon, but I'd much rather be with you guys than in class. GL at OCS