• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

BullGator

I found that my arms recover quicker if I rest with my back arched upward. Is this illegal?
?? I think so, at OCS at least. That would be a good question on the PRT board where someone that has already completed OCS could maybe answer specifically.

If ya click the link that ash posted, you can check out the videos of how to do every activity - they do say that you can rest while doing pushups while in the up position - must keep your back/legs straight. They don't help me rest, but I try to kill the remaining 2 mins of the PRT after I do my max on the pushups by holding myself up.

If you still have the strength to hold yourself up, you clearly have not maxed out. Sack up.

On a side note....

I think you'll find that as your abdominal strength improves, so will your pushes. The reverse is not true, because you don't need strong arms or chest to do curlups but if you've got strong abs you will be better at pushups.

I just upped my PRT numbers.. New numbers are

Curlups: 91
Pushups: 65
1.5 Mile: 10:00

Kickin ass... though my knees hurt like hell.

SVT_Cobra

Okay guys, lets try not to post until the results come out. Everytime I see this thread updated I get excited to call my recruiter...but it ends up being PRT talk. LOL.

nugget61

pilot
Don't be hatin' just cuz I'm strong than u, biotch.

i_epis102_cartman.jpg
< Boom's a strong lil man. lol

If you still have the strength to hold yourself up, you clearly have not maxed out. Sack up.

Eh, I'm in Ex-Med push ups range now, and I'm happy with that, but I read on another thread somewhere that the DI's don't like it if you machine gun out the pushups and then collapse after only like 45 seconds... so I hit my goals and then attempt to hold myself up till the end of the 2 mins... Its much harder than I think you give it credit.

Eh, I'm in Ex-Med push ups range now, and I'm happy with that, but I read on another thread somewhere that the DI's don't like it if you machine gun out the pushups and then collapse after only like 45 seconds... so I hit my goals and then attempt to hold myself up till the end of the 2 mins... Its much harder than I think you give it credit.

Nah I'm just suggesting you should be doing pushups for the whole 2 minutes.