• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

hehe I'm already bugging my recruiter. Just got off the phone with him...he basically told me not to bother him. He'll let me know as soon as he knows...I need to go do some more pushups to get my mind off this...:icon_smil

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Just a little advice, if you put your boss on as a reference for your NASIS, I would not go out with burning bridges in mind. The security clearance process happens after you get the Pro-Rec. And for pay, that won't happen for atleast 2 months after your get Pro-Rec'd. I was selected on September 15th, found out the week afterwards, submitted medical forms and everything for final docs at the end of September, got word today that my Security clearance started on October 6th, and is still not completed... this is normal. So probably the soonest I am going to get paid is the 1st of November, but I am not going to expect anything until December 1st.

I am with you though, the moment I get word that I am a Final Selectee, I am going to give my two weeks, stop stressing, and focus on school and PT. And probably a beer or two with a nice steak dinner that night.

Relax, watching the clock only makes it go slower... enjoy the wait, time flys when you are busy.

Negative. The security clearance process can start before the Pro-Rec as in my case. In your case it started after and in mine before.

exo

No communication today. My recruiter briefly talked about getting security done before hand, it was all submitted... but whether the check was already begun or not I do not know. If it is started, will they contact my current place of employment for a reference? That could be a bit awkward...

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Negative. The security clearance process can start before the Pro-Rec as in my case. In your case it started after and in mine before.

How did yours start before? They don't have any of your NASIS stuff until the package gets submitted. Why did yours start before the pro-rec?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
How did yours start before? They don't have any of your NASIS stuff until the package gets submitted. Why did yours start before the pro-rec?

They can submit the NASIS work prior to your package being submitted. I was interviewed a little over a month before I even submitted my package much less got pro-rec'd.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
They can submit the NASIS work prior to your package being submitted. I was interviewed a little over a month before I even submitted my package much less got pro-rec'd.

That is awesome, I would have loved to have known about my security clearance before everything. I didn't even think that we (BDCP) applicants would get a top secret clearance until OCS.

Learn something new everyday, that is why these forums rock. So to correct my post... In my case, the security clearance came after my pro-rec, though I did have my NASIS done atleast a month before.

nugget61

pilot
... If it is started, will they contact my current place of employment for a reference? That could be a bit awkward...

My processor asked me if they needed to delay communication with the current employer to make it easier on me. Granted, my boss is former Navy and was all gung-ho about me joining, so it was easy for me.

Can someone clarify about the security clearance - BEFORE OCS, will they be interviewing me/family/friends/employers/people on SF86? Yes/no to all of those would be awesome. I just had an AF friend get hers and it was a huge ordeal, however hers was a TS clearance. Will ours only be secret to begin with?

You are an exception. This is the wrong way to do it, your processor made a mistake. The new rule is: Don't submit NASIS until PRO-REC'd.

exo

You are an exception. This is the wrong way to do it, your processor made a mistake. The new rule is: Don't submit NASIS until PRO-REC'd.

wolf, my recruiter submitted my NASIS with my application... should I be talking to my current boss now about this whole thing so he doesn't have to hear it from the security people?

Lobster

hehe I'm already bugging my recruiter. Just got off the phone with him...he basically told me not to bother him. He'll let me know as soon as he knows...I need to go do some more pushups to get my mind off this...:icon_smil

push ups? how about some 16 ounce curls? :tongue2_1

Wide awake, but I don't think we'll find out today. Back to those 16 oz curls. I followed Kurtzie's 1 lb weight training regime and look how I changed in just 3 weeks!

weight-loss-muscle.jpg