• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Thanks Q-Ball and taxman. Taxman, a SF TACP is a Special Forces Tactical Air Controller. In the Marines they are Anglico's, used to be called TACP's also. We go out with an Army Special Forces A-Team and when the sh#t hits the fan they look to us to provide close air support.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
There is a Lt in my Plt right now that just lat-moved from the Army. He was an 0-1, Combat Eng, with less than 2 years in. He didn't have to go to OCS, but EVERY Marine Officer will go to TBS, regardless of MOS or prior service. He told me it was pretty rare, one day he was an Army Lt, the next he swore in as an USMC Lt.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Hampton

Thanks, has anyone else heard of something like that? (If you're commissioned in one branch you won't need to get commissioned in another)

kahuna

While we're on the subject... does anyone know about a Navy to Marine switch? I've read SECNAVINST 1000.7E already but any personal/inside info would help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.