• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS quotes

rsilvy

I'll give ya'll three quick ones before I head out:

1. We had a guy whose last name was pretty long and had a bunch of vowels in it. The staff never could pronounce it right. Cand. Pavil...something.
SI: Palinski...Paleo...Palll....AH Sh**, if you're name ends in a P, shut the f**k up.

2. Cand: Staff Sergeant, what should these Candidates do with their roadguard vests?
SI (SSgt Areas, a great man): How about you stick em up you @**!
Cand: Aye, Staff Sergeant.

3. A female candidate from 1st platoon came over to speak with SSgt Areas since he was the duty instructor for India Co Jrs '04. She walked right into the 3rd platoon squad bay before taps and just started speaking to SSgt Areas. Well, that's not really how you do things.

Cand: Staff Sergeant the count on deck is 134.....
SI: Shut yo suck....how about Good Morning SSgt, or Good Evening SSgt, some s**t like that, not just, 'hey motha****, get over here." I ain't your boy.

More to come.

UORBulldog

hey

One of my sergeant instructors who loved to single me out for no reason really I don't know if he liked me or if he hated me but he would just start yelling at me for nothign and make up stuff I'd be doing wrong. He'd also mentioned to our platoon that we were his last cycle at OCS and he was leaving after we were done. So this was during the last week and we started marching to the chow hall and he says, "hey candidate -- you coming back next year?" And I said yes Gunnery Sergeant, and then he said "OH ****!" or something. Then he says "I'm gonna come back just for you to make your life a living hell do you understand that?" "You are going to **** a fuzzy pickle when you see me here next year do you understand that?" By then I couldn't help but smile and say Aye Gny. Sgt. it was the last couple days so he didn't care if we smiled anymore.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
UORBulldog said:
One of my sergeant instructors who loved to single me out for no reason really I don't know if he liked me or if he hated me but he would just start yelling at me for nothign and make up stuff I'd be doing wrong. He'd also mentioned to our platoon that we were his last cycle at OCS and he was leaving after we were done. So this was during the last week and we started marching to the chow hall and he says, "hey candidate -- you coming back next year?" And I said yes Gunnery Sergeant, and then he said "OH ****!" or something. Then he says "I'm gonna come back just for you to make your life a living hell do you understand that?" "You are going to **** a fuzzy pickle when you see me here next year do you understand that?" By then I couldn't help but smile and say Aye Gny. Sgt. it was the last couple days so he didn't care if we smiled anymore.

Those quotes can only come from one man... Gunny Sgt. Whobrey. I think one of the best ones he had was "Two silver wings, head cocked to the right, ka ka!" Talking to a candidate about going to see the Col. I also remember him running up and down the highway on the night hump, pitch dark, and him saying "If they fed my family, I'd do it for free." What a cool guy!

rsilvy

Alright, three more.

1. Our platoon sergeant to someone in our platoon:
“Dont move behind my back again, that may be constrewed as a threat and ill knock the piss out of you”

2. When we grounded our gear and were heading to chow, one of our candidates didn't really have his boots bloused correctly, at all:
SI: “You Gansta Deneve? What Are you East coast or west coast?? Bloods or Crips?”

I have about 100 others, but seriously, for those who are awaiting to head to OCS, or who have been there, we laugh now about these quotes, but most are "you have to be there" moments. In that environment, the little sayings just have so much meaning once you leave Brown Field. For example, our hardest instructor, a SSGT who came to OCS two days before we arrived from Parris Island, had a lot of little sayings:

"Awesome, awesome."
"Dawgone, d**n lost."
"Something come out yo mouf."
"Three hundred word essay, military bearing, cuz you ain't got none."
"You have an essay yet? Good, three hundred words, on guess what? Yea, military bearing."

and i'll leave ya'll with the topper was when we had an impromptu inspection arms competition between our company's platoons on the parade deck. I think we had a lot of time to waste, so we went up against the other male platoon. We performed inspection arms facing the other platoon only about 3 feet away from eachother. We clearly had performed better.

SI: "Holy s**t, the mothaf****rs came through!"

I know ya'll have some. Send them in.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
"They're going to graduate some of you just to take bullets for the good ones."
- SSgt Goodreau, talking to our nasty platoon. -

smileyl

Yeah, there is some funny funny stuff happening at OCS, you just have to be there... Every time you would say "Good Morning GySgt!" his reply would be "there is nothin good about, you are still here".
I remember one time a male candidate was standing at a position of attention in front of my GySgt and she was like "you must be high on crack candidate, you must be high on crack! What color are my eyes...?!"
One of my Staff Sgt. had a pretty heavy Puerto Rican accent so everytime she would say something it would make no sense, but somehow we all understood her. She would always be like "OK, you're gonna take this thinga megiggie and you are put it in that huya... do I make myself cleeear?! No? Oh well, too bad, so sad."
rsilvy- I know what Co. 1st Sgt. you are talking about, that kid always talked soo slow he made me crack up every time.
Heh, funny times.... :icon_tong

Bobcat

PLC Sr.'s 05
Haha, good trash. I've got a week left of PLC Jr.'s second increment and GySgt Choice is platoon staff in one of the platoons in our company. I find myself shouting out "Yoohoo...FREAK SHOW!" about 10 times a day. Good stuff.

Bobcat

PLC Sr.'s 05
Ahhh...GySgt Whobrey. Great guy. I love the first two weeks, he told just about every candidate in our platoon: "Hey...what's your name? Hey..good to go you're one of my twelve you understand that? Hey..I'm writing paperwork on you tonight. When I write paperwork...that's not a good thing. That means you're going bye bye. You're going on permanent liberty you understand that?"

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I think every staff at OCS said this one...

Gy Sgt: "Which way does the Sh^t roll?"
Candidates: "Down hill, Gy. Sgt."
Gy Sgt: "And who's at the bottom?"
Candidates: "These candidates, Gy Sgt."

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
When a Candidate in my plt K/3 (1st inc) was calling cadence the other SIs would make requests, hey candidate do the Marine Hymn. they also called him the DI candidate. I guess u just really had to be there

JJEXP

India Company, Booger Platoon
smileyl said:
Yeah, there is some funny funny stuff happening at OCS, you just have to be there... Every time you would say "Good Morning GySgt!" his reply would be "there is nothin good about, you are still here".

Gunnery Sergeant Bennet was probably the coolest staff member there. We would always run into him on liberty and try to avoid him.
Gny Sgt: Oh thats right, gaffin me off in front of my daughter.

1st platoon- i dont know how the hell you understood s/sgt denizard
3rd platoon- you guys were great. we loved listening to areas ***** you out while we were on free time every night.

Any of you guys remember when s/sgt brady and captain mills kept screwing with green. Brady dressed him up in a toga and sent him back to you guys. Good times....

rsilvy

JJEXP,

I was in 3rd platoon. SSgt Brady did a number on Green when he had to run back and forth between our Plt Cmdr and SSgt Brady. There was something about his marriage being on the rocks or something, that's what Green said. It was funny stuff. GySgt Bennet was great, on the last day he finally was saying it "was a great day, because we were going home." We all got a kick out of that. Nothing beats SSgt Areas as Duty Instructor, I think every platoon got some dressing down from him, I think he felt he needed to make his prescence known all over India Co. You have any other good ones?