• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
That'll be fine as long as you're cool with getting destroyed by every SI and mocked by every officer in the entire battalion. Your fellow candidates will get a good laugh out of it too.

All ground pounders and infantry wannabes of course.

OCSCAND

Has anybody packed their bag yet? I just finished packing and it seems like I have a lot of crap. My seabag is about 3/4 full.

Trev82

pilot
Ya. There seems like there's a lot of stuff on my list, but there's not that much in my bag.

Same with me, i got a lot but after sticking it my big duffel a lot of room still remains. I'm hoping i'll have enough room in there so i can stick my small and large or just one of those into the duffel as well..

Ground&Pound

What do you guys mean “plenty of room in your duffle bag”? I thought your civilian bag was supposed to be a backpack? I’m defiantly don’t have enough room for my boots and running shoes.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
What do you guys mean “plenty of room in your duffle bag”? I thought your civilian bag was supposed to be a backpack? I’m defiantly don’t have enough room for my boots and running shoes.

Your civie bag can be whatever the hell you want it to be. You can bring one of those trendy roller suitcases if you wanted (though I wouldnt recommend it).

I think you guys are thinking too much into it. Dont stress yourselves out over all this stupid shit. Just relax, because when you get there, you will have plenty to stress about.

Conaway

Your civie bag can be whatever the hell you want it to be. You can bring one of those trendy roller suitcases if you wanted (though I wouldnt recommend it).

I think you guys are thinking too much into it. Dont stress yourselves out over all this stupid shit. Just relax, because when you get there, you will have plenty to stress about.

Ditto. You don't want a roller bag, unless you want to be made an example of. I'm only bringing a duffel bag because it has backpack straps too.

mac1533

Hey guys...Do we have to wait till our first libo before we can go to the PX or do we get to go before that?

Trev82

pilot
i'm assuming i need to mark EVERYTHING before i go, as far as like bodyglide, toiletry items, deoderant, toothpaste and such. Do i just mark it where i can? What are you guys using to mark black socks? im going to try and use liquid white out tonight..As far as pens, and items where there are multiple of, like socks, etc should that be duct taped together or just put in separate ziplock bags...i know i should look too much into this but i want to take advantage of anything i can. thanks

Trev82

pilot
where are boots that i'm taking to ocs to be marked on the inside above the achilles area or on the tongue near the top??

Conaway

i'm assuming i need to mark EVERYTHING before i go, as far as like bodyglide, toiletry items, deoderant, toothpaste and such. Do i just mark it where i can? What are you guys using to mark black socks? im going to try and use liquid white out tonight..As far as pens, and items where there are multiple of, like socks, etc should that be duct taped together or just put in separate ziplock bags...i know i should look too much into this but i want to take advantage of anything i can. thanks

No. Don't use whiteout. LT's here said they marked theirs with tape on the inside of the top of the sock with tape. They said don't mark the outside with anything obvious, cause sometimes you'll be standing in your socks and they'll be like "wtf?!?".

where are boots that i'm taking to ocs to be marked on the inside above the achilles area or on the tongue near the top??

They say it's supposed to be on the outside of your heal, but on the inside of the boot (obviously) on each one. I stamped the tongue of each boot and they said that was fine too.

Trev82

pilot
socks

hmm, ok i was just looking at the candidate regulations guide and for marking socks they say it needs to be on the top of the sock where the top of your foot would be...i could definitely be reading it wrong tho...did you have any success with the athletic tape? i bought loads of 1" and 1/2" and it turns out they're the waterproof waxy type, i stamped a piece and it rubbed right off.. I have to hit up an athletic store tomorrow b/c all the rite aids, longs and drugstores carry that waterproof kind..what about your other miscellaneous things like bodyglide and toothpaste, deoderant, and etc are you just marking it anywhere???

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Hey guys...Do we have to wait till our first libo before we can go to the PX or do we get to go before that?

you usually get a chance to go hit the Brown field PX every week during haircuts.

No. Don't use whiteout. LT's here said they marked theirs with tape on the inside of the top of the sock with tape. They said don't mark the outside with anything obvious, cause sometimes you'll be standing in your socks and they'll be like "wtf?!?".

They issue you a stamp kit in bag issue with white ink. Also, if you take a look at the candidate regs off the OCS website, it states that socks are to be marked outsite, on top of the foot. I marked all of my socks according to the regs and I NEVER got any shit...

Stick with the Regs!!