• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

Trev82

pilot
hahaha, ya well i've heard its a lifesaver we'll see...when pops went to AOCS he said all he went was with the clothes on his back and was shocked to see the list of crap i was taking

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Even I'm shocked by the list of crap you're taking. You can throw it all in a damn lake (except for your civvies and maybe some boots) and you can still be successful. I want you all to remember the immensity of this thread and all of the SELF INDUCED FRICTION you're all wreaking upon yourselves in these last few days especially. And when you get home, and your hindsight is clear, come on here and comment on how fucking stupid your own comments all sound.

And socks get marked on the top. Never mark ANYTHING with white unless it is an all black background. Even if it's something super dark green you still mark it in black.

I wish luck to all of you. Statistics pretty much don't allow all of you to make it successfully on the first try. Let's just hope the ones that don't make it this time aren't leadership drops.

Nose

pilot
I'm not a Marine, so feel free to tell me to STFU, but I gotta agree with Mike. Lots of talk about little things. If you screw them up, you will get in trouble/get PT'd. But if things are like they were when I went through, you will get in trouble/get PT'd no matter what you do. Worry more about staying healthy and motivated then about how to stamp your socks. That will get you through.

Good luck.

Nose

Trev82

pilot
haha thanks mike for the motivation and when its all over and i'm done in late nov i'll surely be back on this site ridiculing myself for being overboard.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Even I'm shocked by the list of crap you're taking. You can throw it all in a damn lake (except for your civvies and maybe some boots) and you can still be successful. I want you all to remember the immensity of this thread and all of the SELF INDUCED FRICTION you're all wreaking upon yourselves in these last few days especially. And when you get home, and your hindsight is clear, come on here and comment on how fucking stupid your own comments all sound.

And socks get marked on the top. Never mark ANYTHING with white unless it is an all black background. Even if it's something super dark green you still mark it in black.

I wish luck to all of you. Statistics pretty much don't allow all of you to make it successfully on the first try. Let's just hope the ones that don't make it this time aren't leadership drops.

rep earned. Good post!!

williamtcox

Got to post it again. Maybe some of it will sink...

3 Sets Civies (Slacks, Polos, Belt, Socks, Loafers)
Running Shoes
and Hygeine Kit

Trev82

pilot
william

Got to post it again. Maybe some of it will sink...

3 Sets Civies (Slacks, Polos, Belt, Socks, Loafers)
Running Shoes
and Hygeine Kit

So i'm assuming you've been there then? Is that what you took with you? Oh, nevermind i see your not going until 197...

Nose

pilot
"Women wear slacks. Men wear trousers."

-Gunnery Sergeant B.C. Jones, United States Marine Corps
(The second person in this candidate's chain of command)

williamtcox

So i'm assuming you've been there then? Is that what you took with you? Oh, nevermind i see your not going until 197...

Oops, I just haven’t changed my sig yet. You yourself have already congratulated me on getting bumped to 196.

I got my advice from my OSO and two fresh LT's, and everyone else who has been there before.

It seems like it’s more than just a coincidence that all the new guys are the ones who bring a fawk load of crap.

Trev82

pilot
No worries man, hope to meet you this weekend or sometime throughout the course. I'll probably end up going through my crap and removing some arbitrary items that would end up being more cumbersome then helpful. Crap this time tomorrow i'm on a flight out of Lindberg and on my way to Reagan.

mc282000

No worries man, hope to meet you this weekend or sometime throughout the course. I'll probably end up going through my crap and removing some arbitrary items that would end up being more cumbersome then helpful. Crap this time tomorrow i'm on a flight out of Lindberg and on my way to Reagan.

Good luck Trev and all you other 196ers. Any of you thought about keeping a blog while there? I understand there's a computer in the barber shop that has internet access or you could on your libo. It'd be cool to have weekly updates. Just a thought.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
To those that have gone before us - are we provided with any documentation that details the specific responsibilities for each billet, or would it be wise to laminate some 3x5s with that information and put it in a notebook or some place for safe-keeping and quick reference?

williamtcox

If you look on the usmc.ocs.mil website in the cadidate regs it talks about the billets. They are issued to us as well during inprocessing as well.

Lets kick this shit guys and gals.