• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
When do uniforms get issued? Which uniforms and how many?

Wow, are you serious? The only reason I answered your question was to demonstrate how easy it was to find. I'm not even a Marine.

I know answers to those questions are here on AW and on the OCS website. If you want to become a Marine and earn your Wings you need to exercise a little initiative.

williamtcox

Alright guys, it's normal to stress over this stuff, but there really is no reason to. Listen to jdakota, he has put up the best advice I've read so far. I went out there first increment '07 with some civies, erasable pens, and good boot socks and did just fine. You are provided with everything you need to succeed while you are out there. The "time-saving" stuff you bring out isn't what is gonna get you through, it's who you are as a person both mentally and physically that will do it. Focus on that and the rest will sort itself out.​

Exactly,

My OSO said bring this.

3 Sets Civies (Slacks, Polos, Belt, Socks, Loafers)
Running Shoes
and Hygeine Kit

Thats IT in the smallest bag possible.

I think everyone with these massive lists are going to have a fun time dumping all their things on the parade deck. Even if they do have ziplocks.:icon_mi_1

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Exactly,

My OSO said bring this.

3 Sets Civies (Slacks, Polos, Belt, Socks, Loafers)
Running Shoes
and Hygeine Kit

Thats IT in the smallest bag possible.

I think everyone with these massive lists are going to have a fun time dumping all their things on the parade deck. Even if they do have ziplocks.:icon_mi_1

I agree that the people packing 9000 items is way too much, but it is also good to take the initiative on some things like a broken in set of boots, fabric tape, and etc.

You guys that are spending $300 before you even get there, take notice of this guy's approach and remember that a lot of what's on your super long list will be in the bag issue.

jwoger

Won't the self inking stamp get confiscated as contraband? i'm just worried that i'll get bad evals from other candidates for using a stamp for my name. Also, what type of undies should i take? Tighty whities? or what and how many.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Won't the self inking stamp get confiscated as contraband? i'm just worried that i'll get bad evals from other candidates for using a stamp for my name. Also, what type of undies should i take? Tighty whities? or what and how many.

3 pair Scooby Doo, french cut.
2 pair sponge bob, V cut.

bradler

What is the deal with bringing 2 pairs of running shoes? I talked to recent OCS grads and they said with the new CO there is not alot of distance running and you wear you runnings shoes maybe handful of time... So I am trying to find out why 2 pairs?

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
I am also bringing some protective eyewear, it would suck do take a branch to the eye and not be able to fly anymore.

That'll be fine as long as you're cool with getting destroyed by every SI and mocked by every officer in the entire battalion. Your fellow candidates will get a good laugh out of it too.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
That'll be fine as long as you're cool with getting destroyed by every SSI and mocked by every officer in the entire battalion. Your fellow candidates will get a good laugh out of it too.

What about a fencing helmet? Would they be cool with that?

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
What about a fencing helmet? Would they be cool with that?

That would be legendary! I can't even imagine what they would do to you.

If safety is your concern, why not this? :D
Visor-AL%20SHE-C.jpg