• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Packing List

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Get the 3x5. Anything else will be too big. You wont use it that much, but you'll be glad you have it for billets and SULE.

Conaway

Updated List

New list using all recommendations so far:

1 set of civies, you can buy a second set on libo. (no wrinkle, non-cotton pants and polo)
Belt
Dress shoes
Vasoline
Thorlos (black, green, or brown)
Bates lites or whatever broken in boots you may have
PT socks (apparently no-show/ankle socks are good to go?)
Silkies (2 or 3?)
Mach 3 and blades
Shaving gel
Deodorant
Zip locks (gal, qt, xl)
Toothbrush and travel case
Toothpaste
Boxer briefs for libo (4)
cheap sport watch
Sharpies
Giant sharpie for shirts
½” stamp kit from Staples or any similar store
Erasable pens
Mechanical pencils
UnderArmour Compression shorts for humps
$400 cash
Cell and charger (You're not being cautious, you're bing paranoid. Stop asking and bring it!)
Moleskin (the Corpsman has it, but might want it anyway)
Duct tape (I wrap duct tape around my foot and over the moleskin, it works great. You could use athletic/medical tape too.)
Electrical tape (what was this for again?)
List of addresses
Body + hair body wash/bar soap (mostly preference)
Plastic ruler
1” and ½” cloth athletic tape (LOTS!)
Running shoes
Water resistant notepad 3x5 size (http://www.riteintherain.com/)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
The socks are going to be staff dependent as well. The only universal thing I have heard so far is NO on the 1970's basketball socks. I dont remember my staff caring about the no-shows, but I know people who's staff did. Personally, I would play it safe and just go with some conservative normal ones.

I would probably drop the mechanical pencils and the bar of soap. Both are in bag issues and you will only use the pencils for tests (unless your the type that likes to take notes with one). The soap you will use up but you will get PX call every week and they sell bars there. I used one in a half in a six week increment and my staff didnt allow the liquid body wash...again, you get plenty of opurtunitys to buy it.

For medical tape just get the johnson and johnson brand 1". That is the exact same brand they issue you.

Keep bringing the questions!

Ground&Pound

Do they let you shave with any kind of razor? My brother just finished infantry training with the army and they only let him use the
disposable kind. Should we have some of this stuff sent instead because its my understanding that alot of stuff is going to get lost anyway.

Conaway

Do they let you shave with any kind of razor? My brother just finished infantry training with the army and they only let him use the
disposable kind. Should we have some of this stuff sent instead because its my understanding that alot of stuff is going to get lost anyway.

I've heard plenty of people talking about using Mach 3's. I sure as hell am not going to use a disposable unless they tell me I have to.

OCSCAND

On the self inking stamps, does anybody know which font and what size to get? I'm going to get one from Staples here in a few days, but want to make sure that everything is good to go before I place the order.

Trev82

pilot
i know someone said the bodyglide is gay, but from people i've talked to and the majority of ppl on the boards say its nothing short of a lifesaver for your feet. If i were you i'd keep that on the list too. Alright might as well jump in here as well with my list. Its pretty much the same, but we can compare then dwindle down to necessities and right quantities of each..

Clothes:
-2 pair wrinkle free khakis
-2 wrinkle free polo shirts
-1 pair of dress shoes
-1 towel
- PT shorts (Green Silkies" Nylon. Lined).. http://www.usmcblues.com/ptgear.html
-10 sets of medium height white socks (running/athletic)
-3 boxers or briefs for libo
-4-6 pairs of Fox River/Thorlo combat boot socks (black)
-Boot insoles
-My Bellevilles
-1 pair of go fasters
-Under Armour Compression shorts

Hygiene Stuff:
-Hygeine bag
-1 toothbrush
-1 toothpaste
-1 razor – Mach 3 with replacements
-1 pack of floss
-1 sm. bottle mouthwash
-1 bottle liquid bodywash
-1 Bodyglide
-Moleskin

Misc. Stuff:

-20 1 gallon SLIDING lock ziplock bags
-20 1 quart SLIDING lock ziplock bags
-1 magnum sharpie
- 1 roll of electric tape
-2 Sharpie Rub-A-Dub markers
-6 in. flexible ruler
-2 pocket-sized notepads http://www.riteintherain.com/
-5 erasable black pens
-4 erasable red pens
-2 mechanical pencils
-1 eraser
-1 red LED headlamp
-1 durable watch
-$400 cash ($300 in 100’s, $100 in $1's and $5's)
-ATM card
-Driver's license
-Cell/charger for libo
-3 rolls of 1” white athletic tape
-2 rolls ½” white athletic tape
-1 roll duct tape
-any health, dental, or shot records

Trev82

pilot
damn looking at that looks like a LOT of SH!T to have to mop of the deck during pick up..might have to start scuttling a few things..

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
When you pack, try not to pack your bag full to the gill. You need to have enough empty space to be able to throw all the stuff back in it, without folding, in about 10 seconds. Don't think they're gonna let you drag something on wheels either. Shoulder slings or backpacks are highly recommended. Bring both sizes (1/2 and 1 inch) of athletic tape. Whichever one your company doesn't use for gear marking will be the one you use to tape up your booboos.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Link? I couldn't find it.

Paragraph 4 on the Arrival Information page references a link to the small and large bag issues, but that link must have been omitted when they rebuilt the site. It woulda been good to have for you guys. I'll bet te OSO can dig one up. Seems like OSO's like to BS though.

You could use 550 cord to secure different areas of your deuce gear and pack and all kinds of other crap. It's quite versatile, but you can do w/o it at OCS if you wanted. You'd be able to buy it at Quantico in the exchange before you head over to Brown Field. Like I said though, it's not an absolute must and 1/2 pack is plenty.

Conaway

What’s up with the self inking stamps?

You have to put your name on damn near everything with 1/2'' medical tape. My friend said she put all her strips of tape on her wall locker and then she could just stamp her name on all the strips. While all the while, everyone else is filling in letters of their name on tape with a stencil. Saves lots of time! That reminds me, get some clear 1/2'' medical tape too to put over the top of your name once you have stamped it. Keeps it from rubbing off or fading!