• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS packing list for OCC-190

Carno

Insane
Wow.

I showed up with one extra pair of civilian clothes, some hangars, and my hygiene gear. I feel underprepared and I already went through OCS! :p

Nebulae

Nebulae
Where can one buy those green silkies? And Tpering, for the rubber stamp, what is it used for and should it be first initial, period, then last name or no period needed?

tperng

I bought the custom made rubber stamp at Office Depot. It cost around $7 and has my first initial and full last name on it. I don't think they'll care about the period for you initial. It took about 1 week for Office Depot to get it made, so if you want one for OCC 190, I recommend you order one today.

I thought I read a uniform regulation somewhere that the letters on the stamp should not be larger than 1/2 inch. I could be wrong about that, but just to be safe the letters on my stamp are less than 1/2 inch tall.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
what is it with blue pens??? why doesnt anyone like blue? I love blue pens - hate using black pens - you cant tell what was written and what was original.

just wondering what the pen racism is all about.

riley

I'm sure one of your OCS instructors would have a much more creative response to your question than I would.

All gov't documents are completed in black pen. More specific to your future case - you can only write your 300 word essays in black pen.

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
More specific to your future case - you can only write your 300 word essays in black pen.

Not exactly true...One of the candidates in my platoon had to write his 300 word essay in black, blue, and red ink, alternating words. So it was kind of like this:

This United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate will not refer to himself in the first person. By referring to himself in third person, he will learn that he is no longer an individual, but is part of a team.

and so on

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Not exactly true...One of the candidates in my platoon had to write his 300 word essay in black, blue, and red ink, alternating words. So it was kind of like this:

This United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate will not refer to himself in the first person. By referring to himself in third person, he will learn that he is no longer an individual, but is part of a team.

and so on

Wow, this thread is two years dead and you brought it back! Good work :D

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Wow, this thread is two years dead and you brought it back! Good work :D

What can I say...this is a lesson to all you newcomers (I was a member here before, just forgot my username/password) that you too can revive threads, no matter how long ago they ended, as long as you try