• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS criticisms

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No pin for AMDO guys. Hard to believe since they have come up with some pretty stupid pins in the last few years. You earn your warefare pin as a Seabee in a Construction Battalion. CEC public works officers, and construction contract supervisors don't deploy and aren't combat units.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Just chiming in on what Wink wrote. Currently, all CEC officer rotate through the three different billets he mentioned so usually within 5-6 years you will have earned your warfare pin. Kind of a bummer, would be nice to just stay a Seabee throughout your whole career!

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
Going back to the uniform on liberty thing. Even enlisted sailors are forced to do the same thing after graduating from boot camp at their first A school. Its called phase training, and as they advance through the phases they are constantly given more privileges. By wearing the uniform out on liberty you learn how to conduct yourself as a sailor because the uniform draws so much attention to you. If you care anything about the Navy you will not want to act a fool and dishonor your uniform. Even when you go out after OCS or you have civilian clothes privileges the public can still pick you out as a military member and hopefully you are still acting as professionally as when you were in uniform. Thats just my two cents and what I used to preach to my students when I was an A school instructor.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
iluvpoopies said:
I have seen Chops and CECs wear khaki pancakes. At least the CEC had the excuse of "I lost my garrison cover bc I haven't worn khakis for 3 yrs" I don't know why some Chops seem to like it.

At least it's always good for a laugh.

Losing your garrison isn't a good excuse to wear that ridiculous looking khaki combo. It doesn't take much effort to go to the exchange and get a new one. That brings me to another point. Any of you guys in the fleet see people with ridiculously nasty garrison caps? There's an LT in our squadron who I swear hasn't changed that thing since OCS. Seriously, it's just a few bucks.

pccaskl

you graduated from OCS! Your a complete idiot if you cant use a little common sense to answer these questions yourself...You ever heard of looking up an instruction??? The Navy has a rule for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.