• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Board Selection Process

This being my first post, I wanted to introduce myself.
M25 - OAR: 43
Goal: NAVY SWO Community
Bachelors Degree: 3.67 GPA
Field: Sports Medicine
3 Letter of Recommendation:

1. Navy Ret. Capt.
  2. Ret. Lt. Col - Army
  3. Ret. Lt. Col - Army
3 Character Reference:
  1. Employer
  2. Professor
  3. Chief Medical Officer of which I work
1 Employer Reference:
  1. Employer
Motivational Statement: According to my Recruiter it is strong

I've applied for the SWO Community and I spoke with my recruiter before he left and gave me a broad spectrum of time that I'd likely find out if I'm selected (within 2 months) but from reading other forums, some response stated that the boards convene and adjourn on the same day, making their selection all in the same day. Filling in seats for OCS ship-out dates is what seems to take the longest (per some forums).

A few questions I have is, when do I, the applicant, find out if I'm selected and by what method? Through my recruiter, mailed out?
I am hoping my chances are strong, my recruiter tells me that he has confidence that I'll be selected but at the same time tells me that its all 50/50

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Recruiters find out board results either via email (board results being emailed out) or via the applicant tracking system that recruiters have access to. Nothing is ever really mailed these days, especially with 20 ish something applicants moving places so frequent. Your recruiter will probably call you (or e-mail) to tell you.

I would strongly advise to retake the OAR and get your score above a 50 if you don't get selected this go around.

Recruiters find out board results either via email (board results being emailed out) or via the applicant tracking system that recruiters have access to. Nothing is ever really mailed these days, especially with 20 ish something applicants moving places so frequent. Your recruiter will probably call you (or e-mail) to tell you.

I would strongly advise to retake the OAR and get your score above a 50 if you don't get selected this go around.
This was my second test that I took.
My recruiter was confident that although a higher test score would be advisable, based off of my packet he has confidence on me being selected during this process.

Do you know if recruiters find out the very moment the boards adjourn? Or once they've finished filling seats etc.

exNavyOffRec

This was my second test that I took.
My recruiter was confident that although a higher test score would be advisable, based off of my packet he has confidence on me being selected during this process.

Do you know if recruiters find out the very moment the boards adjourn? Or once they've finished filling seats etc.
There is a process after the board adjourns, that process can take a week or many many weeks depending on the workload of the processors and others involved.

Patience is going to be key for any applicant.