• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS AUGUST 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamw

Praise the lord... I have been accepted to attend OCS aug 17th with a pilot slot. After starting the process months ago (dec 5th was physical) I finally got the good word today. I wanted to see if anyone else had this date yet, and to thank Everyone for the fine contributions to the board which have been extrememly encouraging while I waited. This site kicks ass. FLY NAVY!

williamw

Yeah, I'm glad you realize nothing ever seems to go as planned. I was hoping to be half way through OCS by now :) I guess July is booked because I asked for the earliest available, so hopefully you make the August slot, of course something could open up before then - based on my luck you'll probably still end up 2-3 weeks ahead of me! But if not it'd be nice to know someone there.

Ski3

Hey Williamw,

I am also going to OCS on August 17th, and also got the pilot slot.

Can't wait.

Jack Szarkowski
SKI3

williamw

Jack,
Congrats!
Cool to find somebody in my class. I'm eager as hell also - I was hoping for an earlier date but this one will work out fine. I'm just glad to be in. At any rate, I'm gonna be in Chicago looking for a job to make ends meet till that point. At some point a little down the road we should talk about plans for arriving and all that. I know some of the people from earlier classes were planning on meeting like a day before or so and catching a few beers. It would be a nice way to make some friends before it all goes down. Hopefully we'll find some more people as time goes on. Good luck till then!
Walt

gunnerdd972

I think I will be in this class as well,I put AUG 15 as the date I want to go to OCS in my app. I should know by next week when I am going. I also have a pilot slot, I think that when we graduate from OCS we will be in our blues instead of our whites. The uniform change is in the middle of OCT. But since it is in Florida, they may change into the blues later.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

psu_midn

Just thought I would drop a line. I am on internship in Philly. I graduate from Penn State August 3, so I am hopping to go down soon after that!.....can't wait to finish the app process.

GO NAVY!!!!

Ski3

Hey Walt! I am also from Chicago!

I go to school in Prescott AZ (ERAU), but I will be in Chicago mid/early June and I will leave for OCS from there - we should definetly meet up.

Jack

PS - I live on the north side in Chicago, Fullerton and Central Ave area to be precise.

pdt1702

I'm from Chicago too, actually the suburbs (Naperville). I graduate from University of Iowa in May and am heading to OCS June 15. I'll probably see you down there if you are starting in August.

mattlowery

Funny you mention Naperville. I am an underwriter for the Chicago market for Cigna HealthCare, and I work out of Nashville. I just quoted the City of Naperville's employee health insurance a couple weeks ago, but I don't think they are going to buy it, hehehe.

Anyhoo...........

Matt L.

williamw

SO many Chicago connections. Jack - you live real close to me - I live off Division and Damen. We should get to gether once you get back from school. Pdt you could also stop in if you arent already on your way! Matt sorry to hear they didnt want your (what I'm sure was a reasonable) offer, and good luck psu! We'll hope to see you, gunner and Mr. Webb all there.

psu_midn

I can't wait....I can't realy PT now...gots to get my gall bladder taken out. Other than that, accounting sucks. When I get back on campus in May, I do not know how I am going to get through my classes knowing that I will be going down to OCS.
Anyone else getting lazy with class or work?

GO NAVY!!!

Paul Burke

Dude, I am so slacking off on my classes this semester. I'm going to be a pilot which meakes going to my managerial accounting class the biggest bore I have ever had in my life. You are not alone

dawgfighter

Paul,

Focus Man! Focus! I'm also taking managerial accounting. It absolutly sux! I'm happy for ya. Gosh, I know its destracting as hell knowing that you are going to fly Navy. I'm looking forward to when that happens for me

Erin
GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!!!
(damn! little bit of Army brat coming out of me)
GO NAVY!!!

Edited by - dawgfighter on 02/27/2002 21:44:14

Status
Not open for further replies.