• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Attrited: options to reenter?

utak

3-2-1, we're trying to helping you man. But we can't do anything without knowledge of what's going on. You said you don't want to talk or give minute details cause it would attract attention, that is fine, but realize that it's also a double edged sword: ironically you've probaly attracted more attention cause now everyone's asking "what's his story"?

WOLFSON

Treetoo, to add-on to what everyone else has already said, getting attrited is a pretty rare occurrence and it's unlikely you'll find anyone on AW who has had much experience with what you're going through. We made it through, or will make it, and you didn't, simply put. Also, your recruiter will likely not have much experience with this type of situation as it's usually a black and white kind of an affair; you were given a chance, you blew it, good luck to you in your endeavors type of thing. Instead of just telling you that your days in the Navy are over, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did something terribly (or laughably) stupid and you have some semblance of a shot of getting back into OCS. If you're an blatant honor violator or if you REALLY don't mesh with the military then pack your bags, Newport is no longer home for you. Also, I'll assume you're not a candio, if you're a candio you should know right from wrong by now as well as all of the rules of OCS and you should be setting the example. If you are a candio, whatever you did would have to have been pretty friggin' bad for you to get the boot so I'd probably tell mom and dad you're coming home. That's the cold, hard truth dude.

If I were you, I would most certainly change my application LORs, pull out the big guns if you got 'em, anyone (preferably active duty or retired Military) who can vouch for your character is a must, not just a "he's a hard worker" type of letter. You need to project yourself as squeaky clean, which, hopefully for you, you are. If not, you'll just be lying and you'll get caught in it, again, this means goodbye.

If it's not required, and I bet it is, try to get in front of one of the senior officers at OTCN for an interview. You will need to prove to the command that you're not F up that everyone thinks you are right now. If those who are in charge of OCS are willing to re-accept you, you will have a foundation of support for which to re-submit your application to the selection board. I would pretty much say this is a must.

To get attrited means that you did something which is inexcusable, DO NOT TRY TO MAKE EXCUSES as to why you did what you did. Own up to it, be accountable for your actions and make the case that you will never do it again. Explain that you learned from your mistake(s), and that if you are lucky enough to be given a second shot, you will be the best GD OC ever at OCS. Also, all of this I'm telling you needs to be TRUE, meaning that you DO need to learn from your mistakes and that you MUST be a great candidate, anything less and I'll be pissed that I even took the time to write this for you.

So, long story short, yes, change your application. If you try to get in on the same merits on which you were first selected, that's not good enough anymore because you weren't good enough to make it to graduation. YOU and your application needs to be better, not the same as it was before, the same got attrited. This means you'll need to wait the pre-requisite 90 (I think it's 90) days to re-submit a new and improved application and self. Take the time to make it better, if you try to speed through the system (whatever system there is in place for people with your circumstances) you'll likely not have had the chance to really improve your application and self which means you'll probably get turned down.

Lastly, is anyone else dying to know what this guy did to get kicked out? Screw the rumor mill, TELL US WHAT YOU DID! Hopefully for us it's something really good like getting busted having drunk sex with another candidate on the deck of the Forrestal during your indoc week and then lying about it and saying it was on the Saratoga.

Hopefully you're a good guy and I'll say good luck to you. If you're a lying d-bag then I don't want you in my Navy anyways.

Ohh, and one last thing, if you do somehow get back in, get ready for the pain. You will define the term "target".

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
3-2-1, we're trying to helping you man. But we can't do anything without knowledge of what's going on. You said you don't want to talk or give minute details cause it would attract attention, that is fine, but realize that it's also a double edged sword: ironically you've probaly attracted more attention cause now everyone's asking "what's his story"?

Yeah, because there are so many people who left OCS with this ("My separation code is JHD and re-enlist is RE-3K.") discharge recently (sarcasm). Nobody would ever be able to figure out who it is if they really wanted to.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Kick 'em whilst he's down!... Don't know your details, but this is a great opportunity to apply for Coast Guard Aviation, I know they're looking for 13,900's. Something to think about...

I looked at the Coast Guard 3 years ago when left the Active duty Navy. I ended up deciding against it because I was already a commissioned, yet they wanted me to goto OCS. Plus I would lose the year and a half of active duty time for with regards to rank. In my opinion it wasn't worth it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Basically there are folks who can narrow down your chances a lot MORE than they can venture to guess now if you clarify the reason for your attrition.

Attrition typically happens for one of two reasons (NOT DOR or NQP):

1. You fucked up, and fucked up BIG
2. You are completely not Officer material, for no (or mostly no) fault of your own.

Which one was it?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
My separation code is JHD and re-enlist is RE-3K.
So according to this site, and this site (not that about.com is gospel but it was the best reference I could find) you've been dis-enrolled from officer training due to something physical and not qualified for reenlistment without a waiver, is that correct? That sure sounds like an NPQ to me, but I try not to speak legalese if I can help it. Looking those codes up just confused me more, so I have to agree with everyone else some more information will be needed.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JHD - Disqualified from officer candidate training physical, USN - Enlisted[/FONT]

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
During my time at OCS I saw one guy get rolled 4 times and he even had to start over at the sea wall, day 0. I also saw a group of candio's get into a fight, at a bar, out of boundary limits for liberty and IIRC wound up in civil authority custody and I believe they also started over at day 0. On both cases, to the best of my knowledge, no one was attrited. My curiosity is getting the best of me, I wanna know what this dude did 'cause I do not know what you have to do to get attrited from OCS. :icon_drin

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
During my time at OCS I saw one guy get rolled 4 times and he even had to start over at the sea wall, day 0. I also saw a group of candio's get into a fight, at a bar, out of boundary limits for liberty and IIRC wound up in civil authority custody and I believe they also started over at day 0. On both cases, to the best of my knowledge, no one was attrited. My curiosity is getting the best of me, I wanna know what this dude did 'cause I do not know what you have to do to get attrited from OCS. :icon_drin

Guy who rolled 4 times eventually attrited, as did another guy who rolled a bunch of times (but this was also in the time frame of the move north, so odds were higher if you didn't cut it, you went home instead of roll more).

Also 1 of the 6 who got into the flight attrited for breaking another big rule, but that is a different story.

It happens, but it is usually for screwing up big time, honor/integrity violation or just because you just WON'T cut it as an officer.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Wow! This thread went from reading like an interesting mystery novel "The Attrition of TreeTooWun" to a standard Navy discussion on fraternization. How disappointing (though I'm sure that Tree is greatful for the transition).

I'll throw my two cents in on the frat thing. It's probably OK to throw one back with your former DI if you see him out in town, just don't kiss him good night.

Now can we please go back to sticking our noses waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy into TreeTooWun's business like the good little gossip-mongers we are?