• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Attrited: options to reenter?

TreeTooWun

I'll keep it as brief as possible and maybe I can get some info.

I've been attrtited from OCS. Note this is not a DOR or NPQ. My separation code is JHD and re-enlist is RE-3K. I have been told it would be best to re-apply as expediently as possible if I'm to come back. This thread is for people who are in a position to know what they're talking about, and if you do I would really appreciate some of your time.

My questions are:

1) Given that I've already applied, is re-applying a longer or shorter process? I have been told it may be more work, but without explanation of why.

2) Will I be able to re-use the same reference letters as they are, or will I have to get them re-dated, or start all over?

3) Is there any limit to how soon I can re-apply? I would like to begin the application process ASAP.

4) What's a good guess as to the absolute minimum time it may take to get a class date? I mean from applying, going through boards, getting designator, medical cleared, yada yada, then finally classing up...

5) Perhaps you know some inside info on this one. I want Pilot (13900) and I've heard the Navy is in need of pilots (as i read in one thread). Is this true? How are quotas looking?

Bottom line: I'm trying to find where I'll be headed from here and I welcome any info that'll help. I hope to get back and join the fleet with you all some time soon.

Thank you all for doing what you do!

Casual

Jammin'
None
I'm pretty sure any reasonable answers to your questions will require the reason you were attritted from OCS. Very few people get attritted from that program.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm pretty sure any reasonable answers to your questions will require the reason you were attritted from OCS. Very few people get attritted from that program.
^^^Details are required.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor

+1 - Hard program to be attrited from.

Further, your biography is blank, and your numbering system (1, 2, 2, 3, 3,) is for the lack of better words... terrible.

utak

I think the main concern is to convince the board why you want to be back in the program. That means a reconsideration letter that explains the mistakes you did, what you've learned from it, what steps you've taken to improve yourself, and the most important question: why should the Navy accept you again, when there are others dying to be in your shoes?

If you were not NPQ or DOR, did you have trouble in RLP?

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Kick 'em whilst he's down!... Don't know your details, but this is a great opportunity to apply for Coast Guard Aviation, I know they're looking for 13,900's. Something to think about...

red_ryder

None
Depends why you were attrited, agreed...you didn't get caught UA at walmart in town, did ya?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
1) Given that I've already applied, is re-applying a longer or shorter process? I have been told it may be more work, but without explanation of why.

Simply put, you blew your first chance. That's why it's going to be more work.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'll keep it as brief as possible and maybe I can get some info.

I've been attrtited from OCS. Note this is not a DOR or NPQ. My separation code is JHD and re-enlist is RE-3K. I have been told it would be best to re-apply as expediently as possible if I'm to come back. This thread is for people who are in a position to know what they're talking about, and if you do I would really appreciate some of your time.

My questions are:

2) Will I be able to re-use the same reference letters as they are, or will I have to get them re-dated, or start all over?

2) Is there any limit to how soon I can re-apply? I would like to begin the application process ASAP.

3) What's a good guess as to the absolute minimum time it may take to get a class date? I mean from applying, going through boards, getting designator, medical cleared, yada yada, then finally classing up...

3) Perhaps you know some inside info on this one. I want Pilot (13900) and I've heard the Navy is in need of pilots (as i read in one thread). Is this true? How are quotas looking?

Bottom line: I'm trying to find where I'll be headed from here and I welcome any info that'll help. I hope to get back and join the fleet with you all some time soon.

Thank you all for doing what you do!

Without knowing why you got attrited in the first place, I venture a guess that it's not just simply about reapplying.

You are going to have to PROVE to the boards that you won't get attrited from OCS if you are given another shot. You don't just go back. You are going to need to CHANGE whatever it is that got you booted in the first place....

TreeTooWun

Okay fair call on needing details. I will provide them when I can, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to give them right now. Gossip is king here; I hope you understand. I will fill in the blanks when I can but for now, no it wasn't UA at the tiny Wal-Mart...and it wasn't anything dishonest or lacking integrity.

In the meantime maybe you guys can explain what attrited means and why it is rare. After so much paperwork and time I still don't understand just what it means (yes, I've asked).

I do realize there are others who want to be here, but maybe next time around they will be here and it will be me dying to be in their shoes. I will try my damndest to get back, and I would be honored if they would have me again. I know more than ever what to expect and how it is here.

DIRTY: As far as the Coast Guard 13900 goes, that is not a bad backup plan at all. I thought Coast Guard only took pilots from other branches? Do they train pilots from the bottom up? Do they need any fixed-wing pilots in the CG? Seriously, please tell me more about this...

Thanks for the +1, made me laugh. Also, I created this account and the original post in a hurry at the leisure bay hence the blank bio. Finally, I think a better word than terrible would have been "laughable."

utak

Okay fair call on needing details. I will provide them when I can, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to give them right now. Gossip is king here; I hope you understand.

Define "here". Are you still up in Newport?

Goob83

None
Yessir, here in Newport.
one other thing if you are geting JHD code you better have an explaination JHD is general for anything they should use a code that means something. the re code you gave is for Naval Academy folks so you might want to have them do that one correct too? if you brought it to me i would not let you reapply even with a written statement from you

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
6l9ao9x.jpg