• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Ninja

SNA Select
Hey everyone. I'm currently filling out the NASIS legal section and have a difficult situation. A few months before my 21st birthday at college, I was issued an MIP citation. About 3 months later, I received a call saying that the citation would be thrown out upon me turning 21. The initial ticket never ordered me to appear in court, and when I called the court there was no record of my name or citation number. The clerk even told me I could get an official "no record" letter from them. This is the only trouble I've ever gotten into, and I learned my lesson. Is this something I should divulge/the Navy can find, and how would it impact me? I am applying to SNA with a 3.64 gpa and 61 8/7/7 ASTB. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Better ask your recruiter before this guy appears

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpeg
    IMG_3124.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 32

OGBean

SNA Applicant
Hey everyone. I'm currently filling out the NASIS legal section and have a difficult situation. A few months before my 21st birthday at college, I was issued an MIP citation. About 3 months later, I received a call saying that the citation would be thrown out upon me turning 21. The initial ticket never ordered me to appear in court, and when I called the court there was no record of my name or citation number. The clerk even told me I could get an official "no record" letter from them. This is the only trouble I've ever gotten into, and I learned my lesson. Is this something I should divulge/the Navy can find, and how would it impact me? I am applying to SNA with a 3.64 gpa and 61 8/7/7 ASTB. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
I know people with worse and more extensive records than an MIP that got cleared for pretty serious jobs. The fact that it got thrown out is a good thing. Like you said, you learned your lesson, just be able to explain it and show them you’ve learned. I’m not gonna tell you what to do but I will say the best advice I got when getting stuff cleared with MEPS and reporting stuff to NASIS was to be honest.

jamespeters3143

I know people with worse and more extensive records than an MIP that got cleared for pretty serious jobs. The fact that it got thrown out is a good thing. Like you said, you learned your lesson, just be able to explain it and show them you’ve learned. I’m not gonna tell you what to do but I will say the best advice I got when getting stuff cleared with MEPS and reporting stuff to NASIS was to be honest.
Thank you, very helpful. I'm going to reach out to my recruiter and see what he has to say as well.