• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

Mil3s

SNA Select
Historically we would see swings of 25 to 75 percent, then they limited the number of applicants at each board to get a consistent selection rate but that stopped so you could start seeing swings again.
When did that stop if you know? And on the bright side we are only a little over 2 weeks away from the board.

Last edited:

Empire16

Ahhh, well you’re still outstanding on paper from what I’ve seen in the sheet so hopefully that’ll triumph over any waivers
Cheers to that man. We shall see.

Idk I think NFO can be just as cool as you can jam missles radar etc. I think that would be enjoyable. Also being a WSO would be awesome.

Jstingo

SNFO Select
Historically we would see swings of 25 to 75 percent, then they limited the number of applicants at each board to get a consistent selection rate but that stopped so you could start seeing swings again.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like those who applied through the I-Select on this forum have been assigned dates for FY24 for SNA. Now, according to the NRC Board Schedule, the Mar/Apr board is focused on filling quotas for FY25. So, it looks like I-Select shouldn't impact this particular board for SNA/SNFO applicants, right?

exNavyOffRec

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like those who applied through the I-Select on this forum have been assigned dates for FY24 for SNA. Now, according to the NRC Board Schedule, the Mar/Apr board is focused on filling quotas for FY25. So, it looks like I-Select shouldn't impact this particular board for SNA/SNFO applicants, right?
Roughly any OCS date after the first week of July is FY 25 so people are filling those spots who are immediate selections.

Jstingo

SNFO Select
Roughly any OCS date after the first week of July is FY 25 so people are filling those spots who are immediate selections.
I see. Is that because OCS lasts for 12 weeks, and if you start your class by July, your graduation would be in October, hence falling into FY25?

Mil3s

SNA Select
Wasn’t there previously an “at board” list that someone could check?
It was previously released around the 2nd/3rd week after packets were due for the previous board. But exnavyoff said earleir that sometimes the at board isn’t released or it takes longer if they are busy. When it came out the majority of the active duty people were notified and able to check for the rest of us to see if our names were on it or not.

Someone in the IWC board thread said their at board list is supposed to come out the first week of April so maybe we will see our list around the same time period if one is released.

pcola478

It was previously released around the 2nd/3rd week after packets were due for the previous board. But exnavyoff said earleir that sometimes the at board isn’t released or it takes longer if they are busy. When it came out the majority of the active duty people were notified and able to check for the rest of us to see if our names were on it or not.

Someone in the IWC board thread said their at board list is supposed to come out the first week of April so maybe we will see our list around the same time period if one is released.
Oh okay, thank you, trying to catch back up with the thread I only skimmed through

JRCarl22

Just got word that I-SEL didn’t accept my application because I don’t graduate in May. So I guess that is another criteria you must meet.

exNavyOffRec

Just got word that I-SEL didn’t accept my application because I don’t graduate in May. So I guess that is another criteria you must meet.
Probably more due to timing than graduation, if you are graduating in June often official transcripts aren't available until end of June then 3 to 4 weeks to process your ocs date and travel then you are end of July or early August if things go just right.

JRCarl22

Probably more due to timing than graduation, if you are graduating in June often official transcripts aren't available until end of June then 3 to 4 weeks to process your ocs date and travel then you are end of July or early August if things go just right.
Meant to say I won’t graduate till may* but that would make sense