• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR IWC Board

boulai

TIS needed to be waived. 9 years and 7 months is pretty much at the limit. Non-related degree as well. Even if it is ABET accredited.
I got a prorec no for IP too. TIS 10yrs 2 months. BS in Comp Sci gpa 3.6, Masters in Cybersecurity 3.88, sec+, cysa+, casp+, cissp, and work in the field. Not sure how the IP candidate I met at ocs made it for tis being 12 yrs, but I bet it's because he's an AD IT.

no_more_nuke_life

I got a prorec no for IP too. TIS 10yrs 2 months. BS in Comp Sci gpa 3.6, Masters in Cybersecurity 3.88, sec+, cysa+, casp+, cissp, and work in the field. Not sure how the IP candidate I met at ocs made it for tis being 12 yrs, but I bet it's because he's an AD IT.
As symbolic as it is, a caterpillar actually cocooned itself two weeks ago. And it just flew away yesterday. So maybe it was a sign that I'll move into the next phase of my life

boulai

MCWO status just got updated. A prorec No for me. Welp, looks like it's time to continue climbing that corporate ladder.

Italiano86

MCWO status just got updated. A prorec No for me. Welp, looks like it's time to continue climbing that corporate ladder.
Sorry to hear that! You were able to see your status in pridemod via a recruiter? I'm not seeing anything posted on sharepoint or in bupers. Word on the street from a warrant I know is they are actually super short on people for MCWO after the re-designations, so maybe it will open up in the coming months.

boulai

I'll take an edible with you this weekend!
I'm not stress about it. It is what it is. I might or might not try again for the next board. Just like you, I think it happened for a reason. It is a sign that we should stay in the civilian and thrive like how we are already. I think we both had too much active time under our belt for consideration. Who knows.

boulai

Sorry to hear that! You were able to see your status in pridemod via a recruiter? I'm not seeing anything posted on sharepoint or in bupers. Word on the street from a warrant I know is they are actually super short on people for MCWO after the re-designations, so maybe it will open up in the coming months.
MCWO is competitive. I assumed they will select those who are either CWT (enlisted) first or folks who can be retain up to O6. I'm willing to do another 20yrs if I got selected for MCWO. However, I think I will be taking my technical and leadership skillsets somewhere else since I didn't make it.

Italiano86

MCWO is competitive. I assumed they will select those who are either CWT (enlisted) first or folks who can be retain up to O6. I'm willing to do another 20yrs if I got selected for MCWO. However, I think I will be taking my technical and leadership skillsets somewhere else since I didn't make it.
I agree on the potential of new designees needing to be retained for as long as possible, which hurts those with more time in service unfortunately. Hopefully there is a balance and need for these individuals since they will bring in a ton of essential experience. I think everyone was surprised that the last MCWO board only accepted a few, and hopefully this time it goes up.

exNavyOffRec

I think everyone was surprised that the last MCWO board only accepted a few, and hopefully this time it goes up.
Generally the numbers they can accept remain fairly constant across the boards, this is due to them taking the total number they need and dividing it by the number of boards. There are of course some exceptions such as if they didn't like those who applied for a specific board and didn't use the number of spots they could.