• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

Conaway

hence the name ground & pound :icon_rage, good luck with infantry heard its a friggen tough MOS to get selected for! However, i'm sure you've got what it takes..Congrats once again!!

Uhh, ya. I must have gotten up today without my keen sense of the obvious. I assumed air because, well, this is AIRwarriors...congrats man! Oorah!

Ground&Pound

Thanks guys... I hope to meet ya at OCS! Keep the advise coming!

Hey DiminDave! Doc and myself are out of the Austin office and we just heard about selection Monday. I would assume the Houston guys should have been selected already as well...if thats what your talking about.

williamtcox

Congratulations DH and GP on getting into 196. Man all you guys going to 196... I wish I was in 196 with you earlier instead of 197. I cannot wait to meet you guys in Corp some day. Good luck gentlemen. Remeber "As I walk through the valley of the shadow death I have no fear, because I am the meanest mother fu%ker in the valley." (George Patton)

Conaway

Does anyone know when we will first get paid? I know it's every 2 weeks, but will we miss the first pay cycle like you would in a regular job? I'm going to be broke after paying for all the issue items and I'm going to desperately need money in my account when my bills autopay the first week of Oct.

Brett1

Banned
Does anyone know when we will first get paid? I know it's every 2 weeks, but will we miss the first pay cycle like you would in a regular job? I'm going to be broke after paying for all the issue items and I'm going to desperately need money in my account when my bills autopay the first week of Oct.

Listen kid, you need to borrow a few bucks?????

Trev82

pilot
just finished collecting all the tangibles i'm taking with me, today just got some new go fasters and tomorrow taking my pre ship pft. I'm spending a lot effort trying to balance time with the family, and boys. As far as fitness doing crossfit and doing 3-5 mi runs a couple times a week...doing some hikes in my boots etc..

Ground&Pound

I just got up and running again. I had a running injury for a while but worked it out. Now i'm banging out those runs and doing my best to be as prepared as possible. I really getting nervous now though. All the waiting leaves to much time to wonder!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
196 is coming up real soon...whats everyone doing now that were down to less than 2 weeks?

I've been cutting down on my running just to ensure I won't have any over-use injuries when I arrive. My right shoulder has been a bit sore as of late however so hopefully I can resolve that over the next week and a half or so. Though I'm still weightlifting, I've been focusing more on Crossfit-esque activities like Trev. One session I particularly enjoy is 15 minutes of Tabata-based pull-ups, push-ups, and sit-ups: 20 seconds of one exercise, rest for 10 seconds, start the next for a total of 10 intervals of each exercise. HR gets to around 150 or 160 bpm and it seems to be great for muscular endurance.

I'm not particularly nervous, just ready to get there and get into the swing of things and past the first week as I'm sure that'll be the worst.