• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC Fitness and supplements

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
If we're specifically speaking of working out - The human body has an incredible ability to adapt to whatever stresses it is experiencing. I'd bet you'd say that a guy running 50 marathons in 50 days is overtraining... I probably would have too, until seeing the scientific studies that showed after a period of break-down his body adapted to the ultra-high mileage he was putting in.
I agree with this statement (and realize that the 50 marathons example was an exaggeration). The human body can and will adapt to rigorous training programs. I've seen a lot of people on workout routines emphasize too much rest. You do not need to take every other day off to avoid over-training.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
First you say that 50 marathons in 50 days isnt overtraining, now you say that training every day isn't overtraining unless its pretty severe HIIT? I would think that running a marathon would be more severe. Whatever, this arguing is retarded. Later.

Yes - Absolutely. Any type of endurance activity, i.e., running, isn't particularly taxing on the neurological system. Once your body adapts, it can sustain such demands with relative ease.

HIT - High Intensity Training with weights, not to be confused with HIIT, is very hard on the neurological system, and hence requires more rest or you will risk overtraining.

Look, believe what you want, I could give a damn - You're only limiting yourself which apparently you're fine with because "I don't need an edge in the weight room ... I don't care about that shit," but don't tell other people what to do if you're not well educated on the subject.

RussBow6

i like this thread. good stuff.

ryanc- you are 110% right. i love my training schedule and its working for me. i wont change a thing... unless my body breaks down on me or i start feeling sick, which tells me hey russ your not doing something right. then i'll take a look at my past week or so and see what could of changed that would be giving me trouble.
bench, just like any other big compound lift, i'll mix in on my weight training blocks with squats and some compound back exercise. frankly my weight training blocks are rest for me cause they arent very intense for long periods. being able to throw up a big deadlift 5x5 i see as a great gainer to strengthen my lower back and legs so i can be stronger later on in my runs and swims. same goes with the other big lifts.

feddoc- thats awesome about the creatine. also i think there is a study out there to prove any point. you have do a study on yourself and see what works for you; all bodies are different and what works for one won't necessarily work for another. i'll keep taking creatine because well... it works for me. drinking all that water and allowing the creatine to pump my muscles full of the nutrients they need to heal is a worthwhile expense.

these supplements that i'm on work for me. i've taken the time to research, buy the right product, and then use it for a while and see if i notice gains or feel better. its not like im going into gnc and saying hey give me the entire shelf please and swipe away on my amex. this stuff has taken me roughly 5 years to learn about and use and prove to myself that they work.

i love the human body. i think it is an awesome machine and i love testing the limits of it. if i was smarter then i would definitely go become a doctor because i eat this stuff up. i love spek's point and others have made that the human body is a great adapter. give me a biomachine that can make it through bud/s or a marathon or climb everest and i see a machine worth investing anything in. if others can train at such a high level and come out on top then i can to... and i'll bust my butt and do whatever it takes to get there. i think i owe it to myself to strengthen my being mentally, physically, and spiritually and become the best person i can be.

GO NAVY baby!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
TBoneSteak1.jpg

ttar_chicken_v.jpg

veggies.jpg

DONE