• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC-242/OCC-243 SNA BOARD

Hey y'all,

I've been spending a decent amount of time perusing the Navy OCS thread and realized there wasn't one for USMC. Is anyone on here a Naval Aviator candidate in the Marine Officer program submitting to this upcoming board? I'm hoping to be selected and head to OCC-242 on January 14th, but I'd be content going in late May for OCC-243. I've heard the board meets the first week of November, and we should know by Thanksgiving. Getting excited!

mjr5

Are y’all hearing anything specific about the selection board for air from your OSO’s? I’m submitted for OCC242 air as well

Are y’all hearing anything specific about the selection board for air from your OSO’s? I’m submitted for OCC242 air as well
The PFT is everything right now. If you have a 290+ PFT with a decent GPA and good PIQs, you're most likely going. I guess it depends on how competitive your district is. All the guys I went to NAMI with are East Coast and were saying the board got delayed till November 15th. I have yet to ask my OSO if that is the same case for West. I BELIEVE we should all be hearing our results a few days after Thanksgiving at the very latest. Could be earlier.

mjr5

Yeah I’ve heard the same thing about the PFT being king for this board. I run my final board PFT soon and am a 290+ so hopefully I have a good shot! Yeah I’m east coast and that’s when the board is and we should know something by November 24th.

What does PIQ stand for?

Personal Insight Questions. All those forms you sent out to your professors, former employers, etc. AKA letters of Rec. And congrats on the 290+ dude, I ran a 300 a few weeks ago and am feeling pretty confident. We could always create a GroupMe to keep each other updated and see if we get selected for the same class.

mjr5

Oh okay yeah I got a fair amount of those. Thanks I appreciate that and congrats to you as well that’s legit! Hopefully I can dog out a 300 in 2 weeks!

Yeah that would be a good idea to do!

mrboot

What was your guys astb scores? I know that the aqr and fofar are the scores they look at. Last time the average was a 6,6

flyer5514

For an air contract do you only need to take the ASTB? Having trouble finding info about standardized tests for USMC OCS.

mjr5

What was your guys astb scores? I know that the aqr and fofar are the scores they look at. Last time the average was a 6,6
I got a 6,6. It’s the PFAR and AQR that counts for pilots bc FOFAR was for NFO’s which the Marine Corps doesn’t produce anymore.

mjr5

For an air contract do you only need to take the ASTB? Having trouble finding info about standardized tests for USMC OCS.
Yes you have to take the full ASTB including the OAR portion because it will influence your AQR score. The only scores that count for Marine flight are the AQR and the PFAR in which you need a 4,6. The OAR and FOFAR aren’t factored into selection. You also need a qualifying score one of these for the Marine officer application process: SAT, ASVAB, or AFOQT.

mjr5

Yes you have to take the full ASTB including the OAR portion because it will influence your AQR score. The only scores that count for Marine flight are the AQR and the PFAR in which you need a 4,6. The OAR and FOFAR aren’t factored into selection. You also need a qualifying score one of these for the Marine officer application process: SAT, ASVAB, or AFOQT.
You can also have a qualifying ACT score as well

mrboot

I got a 6,6. It’s the PFAR and AQR that counts for pilots bc FOFAR was for NFO’s which the Marine Corps doesn’t produce anymore.
I’m pretty certain marine pilots and flight officers look at the AQR and FOFAR still, I got a 60 8/6/8.