• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ-197

HallerB

Applying for 197 Air Contract....
ASTB : 7/8/7
PFT : 300
GPA : 3.7 University of Iowa - BBA Econ and Intl Business

The selection date can't come fast enough...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Applying for 197 Air Contract....
ASTB : 7/8/7
PFT : 300
GPA : 3.7 University of Iowa - BBA Econ and Intl Business

The selection date can't come fast enough...

You're in there unless you're a felon or there are no slots open. Congrats on finding a new home. Have fun freezing your ass off. I'll take hellacious heat over a freezing IMC any day.

HallerB

Not a felon but I am waiting to hear about some non-traffic arrest waivers....young & dumb. The district CO and OSO CO both wrote real nice recs. for me so the recruiter says it should all square up. The waiting's tough.

Conaway

What about my stuff? Any serious problem areas (other than my run time)?

PFT - 276 = 20/100/21:55
ASTB - 5/6/5
ASVAB - 79
Degree - BBA in Management
Overall GPA - 2.55
Major GPA - 3.6
PIQ's - employer/friend, high school youth minister, former dean/professor, professor/former Marine MAJ, high school ROTC instructor Ret. AF COL, professor USMCR LTCOL, USMCR Ret. BGEN

sharp452

latest preperations....

hey guys this is my first ever post after spending countless hours reading everyone elses posts....Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!

Im also applying for OCC-197 for the end of Jan. And Im just now about to get my ass in gear physically and studying wise I think that a good several month preparing would be good before I go and take all my tests. What do you guys think?

Im just curious though reading your post about the board. Im out here in denver CO, when would be the latest that I have to turn in my package in order for me to get in OCC-197? Am I spending way to much time preparing for all the tests or am I too late and should of had it all done by now? :confused:

docholiday

hey guys this is my first ever post after spending countless hours reading everyone elses posts....Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!

Im also applying for OCC-197 for the end of Jan. And Im just now about to get my ass in gear physically and studying wise I think that a good several month preparing would be good before I go and take all my tests. What do you guys think?

Im just curious though reading your post about the board. Im out here in denver CO, when would be the latest that I have to turn in my package in order for me to get in OCC-197? Am I spending way to much time preparing for all the tests or am I too late and should of had it all done by now? :confused:

There is a board that convenes on Aug 21 thru 23 that will preselect for OCC197, if you have some of your stuff in already.

williamtcox

Accepted for OCC 197 in Jan. as SNA.

PFT = 255
ASTB 6/7/6

Can't wait to go through the gates of hell with all of you. :)

sharp452

I dont plan on testing till November for OCC-197 though. Is that guna be to late to get my package in for the board? So does that mean that I have to go to a later OCC?!
:confused:

Ground&Pound

You guys that are applying for/ selected to OCC 197...is that the class you wanted or did you put in for 196 as well but were selected for Jan?

m3urthy

Why don't you have a seat right over there.
Right now I'm good to go for 196 Ground with...

12/100/20:30

245 PFT- just needed to contract.
This is with a 3.0 at UC Riverside in English Lit (still managed to take multi var calc, physics, o-chem, bio chem...)

OR

I could make my pullups 20 and in effect make my PRT a 285, get PRK and heal in the 3 months before 197 and get a SNA contract. I had a 6/6/6 54 on the ASTB.

By virtue of me still hanging around this site, I'd have to say that I am leaning towards Air, if I can contract.

sharp452

Ground&Pound,

I'm wanting to get in OCC-197 in January because I dont graduate college till December, I tried to get in 196 but my graduation date was pushed back so thats why I want to ship out in Jan...

Ground&Pound

Yeah I figured! I just wanted to see if anyone was crazy enough to want Jan. I'm from South Texas and the thought of snow on the ground is crazy to me. Give me the so called brutal Quantico summer any day. You want to see what hot is....come visit the rio grande valley!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You're in there unless you're a felon or there are no slots open. Congrats on finding a new home. Have fun freezing your ass off. I'll take hellacious heat over a freezing IMC any day.

Agree - it has been discussed before, but I still say the best way to go would be OCS in the summer, TBS in either F or A co. (winter). I kinda forgot about the IMC ... that was a good time.