• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow9660

The Test your OSO is referring to is the ASTB (flight aptitude test), a test that must be taken for aviation candidates. Whether your score is good or not depends on if your Navy or Marine applicant. Minimum scores to fly with the Marines are 4/6/6 (second number is pilot rating, third number is NFO rating), and for the Navy, I believe it's 3/4/4. If you are NOT trying to fly, ask what your OAR (Officer Aptitude Rating) score was (it is a seperate compiled score), because Navy candidates on this site seem to have put an emphasis on it, and will be used as part of your competitiveness along with PFT, GPA, LORs etc. Although, I was accepted OCC 188 Air with the Marines, and OAR doesn't seem to be as important a factor as with the Navy...good luck.

stevew

Yeah me neither, I'm pretty disappointed. But I guess those are the breaks. I hope to reapply but for personal reasons I may not be able to until OCC 191. Time will tell how it all turns out I guess.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I'm embarrased to say next to steve's score. I only had a 258 (16, 100, 21:30). However, I do have my PPL. I'm really not sure why I got selected, I was prepared not to be. Also nice avatar muc1.

stevew

Anyone know how I can find out the reason I wasn't selected. I asked my OSO but he didn't really have a solid answer for me. All he said was that there was only about a 50% acceptence rate for pilots for this class and that maybe the college I went to didn't rank high enough in the eyes of the board. Anyone who can help me out?

trongod46

pilot
what college did you go to?, i dont think that really matters, did you have good references, did you read the letter of recomendation that your OSO wrote for you?

stevew

I went to Touro College, My letter of recommendations are from, my previous employer, college professor, department co-chairman, and city councilman. I did not see my OSO's LOR, in fact when I was signing my papers his LOR was in my file and the OSA said that it wasn't for me to see, but tha my OSO said good things.

trongod46

pilot
not for you to see, that is a little odd, i was encouraged to read mine. its about you and for you id try to get a look at it if you can. the board process depends greatly on how your package is delivered from your OSO and the reviewing officer that has to presnet your package.

trongod46

pilot
stevew did you only put in an air contract?, i know alot of applicants put in both to take what they could get.

stevew

yes, I only put in for air, probably a mistake in hindsite, but my OSO never mentioned to me about putting in for both, I guess I just assumed it was either or.

Crowbar

None
I agree that him not letting you see it seems.....unusual. It's your application, right? With your signature on it, right? So by signing it basically you have authorized/approved everything in said package to be there.
For any kind of promotion or selection board the Marine Corps has, up to a certain date before the board meets, you can submit update information. However, anything you submit, especially correspondence not originated by you (i.e. letter of recommendation), has to have your signature on it or the board won't even look at it. Your signature indicates you have seen it and agree with the board considering it in their selection process.

Status
Not open for further replies.