• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 184

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchul

You got Jungle boots!!! SOB, dammit I feel ripped, Well I'm nervous as all hell about this board, my OSO told me that if it doesn't happen this time then the next one it will I don't know though. In other news I never had to take the asvab but had a 1250 on the SAT which I know the corps excepts in replacement of the asvab..I like the pen as well.

Tolerance only benefits the weak

topher1235

Yeah I'm blessed...lol! I'm getting the same nervous feeling. I feel confident in my packet, but simply have a feeling something will go wrong. But oh well can't control it know, out of my hands.

gq

I take it everybody is aviation? From what I hear from the oso, if you have a good pft score you shouldn't worry. Who knows! And from what I have seen on here, the Marines need pilots.

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Perchul,

You should be fine as far as your PFT ... I got 278 and my recruiter said that it was great. I am older too (just turned 28) so even better! Also, keep in mind you can keep submitting PFT's up untill the middle of July as the board meets in Aug. Who knows, maybe you'll hit a 300 right before!!!

Peace,

-Spin

perchul

Gonna do my best to hit it, thanks for the peace of mind.

Yukon

Hey guys quick question:
When does OCS start for OCC 184? Also is'nt there a January class?

perchul

Anyone read through the OCS prep guide yet? What I'm getting at is I don't think I'm going to really know how to use the map and compass when and if I get there from what I'm reading in the guide. I'm hoping its just to familiarize the prospective candidate and if its not should I go and get a map and compass and start practicing?

Curmudgeon

If you want to get some map and compass practice, you might see if there are any orienteering clubs near you. When they set up a meet, they will usually have a range of courses of various difficulty.

I'm not sure how interesting it would be in Florida, but orienteering in California can be fun and challenging. I'm sure there are differences, but you will get to know how countour lines and map features look from ground level.

perchul

Yeah, I guess the point is it really won't hurt. You should see the area of Florida I live in you don't ever need to put your car in park.

Status
Not open for further replies.