• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 184

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaiken82

Has anyone contracted yet for 184, or heard a solid date for packages to be submitted?

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

Spin

SNA in Meridian
What do you mean by contracted .... when you go through all those papers with your OSO and sign? If so I have, but my package hasn't gone down yet. Still waiting on LOR's.

perchul

I contracted 2 weeks ago and today I recieved my OSO's newsletter informing cadidates that they need to contract quickly preferably no later then mid-June I think. Before your book can get to national selection it needs to pass through district selection which can take 2-3 weeks.

Tolerance only benefits the weak

perchul

Hey Topher did you get a big package with the planner and everything including you contract?

soulshaker14

Mid-JUNE?! Yikes, that's coming up quick. I was hoping I'd have a little more time to bring my PFT score up (I'm only around 210 right now). If it's really that soon, then I'm a little confused; my OSO has told me numerous times that he's going to push my application to the board, however he's been very laxed in terms of putting the application together. I still have to do the PFT, get a flight phys, and re-take the ASTB. Can anyone confirm that it's really mid-June?! Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

perchul

you can get it all done, but theres always quirks...which is why my OSO wants everything done by midjune...your book just needs to be in washington by august

topher1235

Perchul, yeah I did. That and a couple of T-shirts and jungle boots. I like the pen that came with the planner, I'm a fine tip type of guy...lol. What's your outlook for the board? Summer plans?

Topher

soulshaker14

well hopefully everything works out "quirk-free". I'm taking the ASTB in a week, taking the flight phys in two weeks, and I've been hitting the gym like crazy. All the other stuff is squared away. So, basically what you're saying is; it would be good to have everything done by mid-June, cause you never know what can happen. However, we have until, say, July, to have everything squared away before we forward our apps to Washington? If I have until the late-June, early-July time frame to bring my PFT score up, I should be good to go. Man, this stuff can be a pain in the a$$.

mcm

My OSO has me on track for submitting my package by the 3rd or 4th week of June. Flight physical next week. PFT probably the week after. Just to confirm, I was also told that I can update my PFT score right up until the selection board convenes in August.

One question though...What about the EPSQ form--does that go with our books or is it separate? I heard they don't do the background investigations until you're actually selected for OCS...

kaiken82

Are any of you guys from the 6th district? I was told that packages needed to be ready by mid-July but that date could change at any time.

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

perchul

I'm with the 6th, I wasn't told anything about a date change but it also wouldn't really effect me at this point.

gq

Does anyone know what score you need on the Asvab? I have already taken the Astb. From what I've been told I have to take the Asvab because I've
never taken the Sat or Act.

topher1235

I think the rough score you need is 70/99, I have no idea how they score it though. I'd still check with your OSO. I had to take the ASVAB also and was told my rough score was 98/99, and that was good enough. I'd just recomend going through the test booklet and you'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.