• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 182...Who's going??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF

that would explain it. I changed to a law contract before I got to the flight physical. There is a lot of talk on the official OCS websit though about dental issues being a big problem at the out set of OCS.

bigfig

I think the main thing is that you don't arrive to OCS needing a root canal or something else. Was there a dental exam during the MEP physical?

kmc9280

I got the rejection as well. I ran a 253. My OSO said the avg. pft's were unusually high, around 270. I should be good to go for 183 as I am close to breaking 270. Just one of those things, those that want it bad enough will be persistent. The way I look at it, I'm 22 I still have a 5 years max. Good luck to all those accepted.

Kevin

davidsin

Sorry to hear that Kevin, I'm surprized that 250s aren't getting in. Is there other circumstances that would cause them to bump you off? GPA, Letters, Waivers, Test Scores, etc? Are you shooting for 183? I'm getting weary of being on hold like this. Of all those who got bumped off I want to know who's planning on 183.

Hey Elcid,
I didn't quite get what you said about the dental. You got rejected becuase your teeth are bad or you just didn't pass that part of the air physical or that part of the physical is incomplete?

Semper Fi

orangecrush007

I am going to call my OSO about this, but I am thinking that there has to be more to the selection process than just the PFT. It only makes up 25% of your grade at OCS so that leads me to believe that it isn't the ultimate deciding factor. I am getting all nervous because I only scored 244 officialy.

ryguy

I talked to my OSO this morning and he said the board is STILL in session and will probably be 7 to 10 days before I get word. I don't know whats going on. Has anyone from the eastern region heard that they have been accepted/rejected at the board level?? Any info would be grealy appreciated.
banghead_125.gif

kaiken82

LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE, TAKE ANYTHING THESE RECRUITERS TELL YOU WITH A GRAIN OF SALT!! I WAS TOLD I WOULD HEAR BY LAST WEEK, LOL!! I'VE SEEN FOUR CANDIDATES FROM ONE COAST TO THE OTHER WRITE THAT THEY HAVE GOTTEN THE "WORD", WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON UP THERE AT HQ!! I'M IN A HOLDING PATTERN RIGHT NOW WITH MY LIFE UNTIL I GET THE "WORD". WHO EVER COINED THE PHRASE "HURRY UP AND WAIT" IN REGARDS TO THE GOVERNMENT WAS RIGHT. SPEACH OVER!

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

kmc9280

My book was sent around Nov. 24th or so and it only took maybe 4 or 5 days to hear the news. If the board is still meeting either they have a LOT of candidate applications or they are just SLOW. As far as the rest of my app, my OSO said it was very good. ASTB was 7,6,7 and I had letters from 2 0-5's and 1 0-6. My gpa wa 3.4 I think and I played college baseball and was on Student Senate in high school and college. I think it's just competitive , I'll be there in June. Good luck everyone.

Kevin

kaiken82

Kmc920

ARE YOU SURE YOUR PACKAGE MADE IT TO HQ BEFORE THE CUTOFF? I WAS TOLD ALL ALONG THAT THE DEADLINE WAS NOV. 4 FOR PACKETS TO BE SUBMITTED!
BEING THAT I AM FROM ARKANSAS AND ONLY ONE DISTRICT SOUTH OF YOURS IN KC, I WOULD THINK THE SAME DEADLINES WOULD APPLY. DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE KNOW IF WE WILL GET OFFICIAL LETTERS OF ACCEPTANCE/DENIAL FROM HQ. REASON BEING I WOULD NOT PUT IT PAST SOME RECRUITERS TO LIE IF THEY SCREWED UP AND MISSED THE DEADLINE, MINE INCLUDED!!

"WELL, ARE YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE"

THE OUTLAW JOSIE WALES

Status
Not open for further replies.