• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 182...Who's going??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet_ifr

Who's going to OCC 182? Any East-coast people find anything out yet? Curious-

jet

I fly. Me pilot?

ryguy

I talked to my OSO this afternoon (Tuesday, December 10th) and he said that the board was still meeting. I thought it was usually a one day board but apparently according to my OSO "they haven't gotten very far" which sounds like they will be meeting Wednesday as well. Has anyone else on the East coast heard anything??

JF

Nothing yet. Last year I was told it took about a week for them to notify the OSOs. I know they want to get official orders to candidates 30 days, at least, prior to the class date. That would give a date of the December 20th as the "final" date for the official letters to get to applicants.

ElCid 2001

I have my results back, a 260 pft is not good enough, the major on the board said not competitive enough. My package was "excellent" as my OSO and his staff said. They were shocked just like I am. I have no waivers and I graduated from a Military School. I guess anybody that has less then my pft I guess you have no chance. Good luck to everyone else, my job now is to find out what to do with my life. Good luck once again to everyone that is applying.

JF

Don't give up on it yet ElCid. There is always June and beyond. I ve had to wait over a year and a half just to go before the board. Did you apply from the East coast or west coast?

ElCid 2001

I applied from the east coast, and this is year number 2 for me. I have been applying since march of 2000. Well enough about me. This tread is for guys that are going to 182, don't want to be selfish, just shocked thats all.

davidsin

hey elcid sorry to hear that. I still think you should try for the next one. what was your run time? just curious.

Semper Fi

ryguy

Well I am sorry to hear that ElCid...Looks like I am S.O.L. as my PFT was lower than yours. Well I am with everyone else on this message board you got to keep charging and improving and you WILL be a Marine Officer. Good luck to you whatever you decide.

davidsin

Same here mine is 259 and I'm still shooting for june. I didn't go before the board yet though, but at least i know to up the anti.

Semper Fi

ElCid 2001

I wasn't happy with the answer that I got from the OSO, he called me about 10:30 a.m. I called the gunny bugged the hell out of him to find out what happened, well this is what I got, I am sure this will make everybody on the board a bit relieved. The reason why they didn't submit my package (It seems my book and a whole host of books are still in district in the east, which means they haven't even submitted them to the board) is because my dental was finished. Thats it no more or less. I knew that a pft score wasn't the only thing they look at. Well I am heading to talk to the OSO face to face to get some more answers and find out when these books are being sent up. I guess 183 for me. I hope this helps to calm peoples fears and anxiety attacks that are happening right now. Good luck to eveyone.

JF

Did you mean your dental "wasn't finished"? I don't remember having to do or fill out anything related to dental stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.