• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OC Uniform Regs?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
No. It goes on a credit account at the NEX. The bill is due the second to last week of OCS. You will also have the option to open up a star card account which takes off 10%.

Having access to a couple thousand dollars is a safeguard in case there are any pay issues.

DFSpence

No. It goes on a credit account at the NEX. The bill is due the second to last week of OCS. You will also have the option to open up a star card account which takes off 10%.

Having access to a couple thousand dollars is a safeguard in case there are any pay issues.

Thanks good to know. How much do the uniforms cost and does the allowance cover that?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
~2000-2500, depending on whether you opt for Brooks Bros. dress uniforms. The uniform allowance is like $1,700, so no, it does not cover it.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Amazing

Amazing what us navy people can do when we put our heads together. I appreciate all the responses. So do I need to bring CNT bottoms or Johnny Cash Pants with me to NSI or is that a after NSI thing? Just trying to make sure I have the right stuff with me...I guess cant ever be too prepared.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
I went through in the second NSI phase when it was already warming up so all I really could use from what you posted was the CNT pants. If you're going in the first phase you might get inspected in johnny cashes, but I don't really know.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Amazing what us navy people can do when we put our heads together. I appreciate all the responses. So do I need to bring CNT bottoms or Johnny Cash Pants with me to NSI or is that a after NSI thing? Just trying to make sure I have the right stuff with me...I guess cant ever be too prepared.

Ok, bring both, you have to buy both. If both of yours are good, then you'll save over a hundred bucks. If you don't bring them, then you're guaranteed to have to buy two black pants, and two white. Holy fvck, is it really that fcking hard? I'm not baggin on nuke, I'm refering to the people who apparently can't figure this shit out, and are 'nuking', no offense, the shit out of this!

NavyNukeNFO

Haha!

Ok, bring both, you have to buy both. If both of yours are good, then you'll save over a hundred bucks. If you don't bring them, then you're guaranteed to have to buy two black pants, and two white. Holy fvck, is it really that fcking hard? I'm not baggin on nuke, I'm refering to the people who apparently can't figure this shit out, and are 'nuking', no offense, the shit out of this!

Its all good brother...even though I am NFO bound I will never get tired of the NUKING it out term. Makes me feel good ;O) Ok, I just thought that the CNT pants and the black pants of the JC's were different from the pants we would wear with our OC uniforms. My bad guys...just honestly didnt want to pack any more then I had to. I have to have room for the KEGS that I was planning on packing ;O) See you guys soon...and worse case scenario....I buy all new shit but who cares right...I am a nuke and we make bank (joking there FC2)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Er, I may be missing something here (pardon the english, slightly drunk.) No, the pants are not different, hell if you wanted to bring your white/black shirt you could get them altered. Especially since all that shit is supposedly going away, but that's just me . . .

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
Er, I may be missing something here (pardon the english, slightly drunk.) No, the pants are not different, hell if you wanted to bring your white/black shirt you could get them altered. Especially since all that shit is supposedly going away, but that's just me . . .

I think I should have been more clear about what I meant in the difference in the pants. I meant the difference between the SDB (officer) pants and the Johnny Cash pants. I know Johnny Cashes are Johnny Cashes for E's and O's alike.

NavyNukeNFO

I went through in the second NSI phase when it was already warming up so all I really could use from what you posted was the CNT pants. If you're going in the first phase you might get inspected in johnny cashes, but I don't really know.

Ok I talked to a first phase guy and they said it wasnt required to buy the Johnny Cashes but a division decided they liked them so they made everyone buy them. With that being said you can use a lot of your old stuff. Hope this helps...and we will be inspected in them...see you guys next week.

One last question..i read over the uniform regs and noticed something about wearing a rank on our arm...does anyone know if we do this..they were talking about OC's wearing a metal pin on there arm instead of the Gold Rope...just wondering...thanks again

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
uhh, black pants, white pants (assuming they're in good shape), black tie. Which is a couple hundred bucks saved if you kept it in good shape.
Be careful with the black pants. If you mix an older set of black pants with a newer SDB coat or WWB shirt (or whatever) the shades won't be the same and it looks a bit buffoonish.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
One last question..i read over the uniform regs and noticed something about wearing a rank on our arm...does anyone know if we do this..they were talking about OC's wearing a metal pin on there arm instead of the Gold Rope...just wondering...thanks again

This might be a unit specific thing. Down here at UF, the only distinguishing rank insignia we wear is on our khaki's if we hold a staff position. As far as the SDB's go, we just keep that one star that's sewn on and nothing else.