• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OC Uniform Regs?

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Anybody found the OC uniform regs? I am just trying to make sure that I bring exactly what I need to bring of my enlisted uniforms so that I dont have to buy more...but then again it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Just thought I would throw it out here

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The uniform regs at OCS are pretty much the same as the regular ones. Uniform of the day for the first 10 weeks will be wash khakis. If you have a johnny cash uniform that has not been crowed, you can use that for RLP. If you are a chief, you can use your khakis. Otherwise, you won't be using your enlisted uniforms at OCS unless you DOR.

EDIT: OOPS...I think I misread "OC" as "OCS"...if that is the case, disregard.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Search for the commissioning programs regs. Its going to be in the section that talks about Midshipmen from USNA and ROTC. You are for the most part going to follow the NROTC regulations with some minor changes.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
If you're STA-21 and you're talking about NSI, then all you need is your PT gear including sweats. You won't be wearing any enlisted uniforms there. You'll go to the uniform shop in the first week or so and purchase all your new uniforms.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
If you're STA-21 and you're talking about NSI, then all you need is your PT gear including sweats. You won't be wearing any enlisted uniforms there. You'll go to the uniform shop in the first week or so and purchase all your new uniforms.

I meant things like SHOES...I believe we have to have the leather shoes is that right?

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
I figured on needing the PT gears and black shoes, but are there any other uniform items for those of us E-6 and below that cross over? I would like to avoid buying anything I dont have to while at NSI.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
I figured on needing the PT gears and black shoes, but are there any other uniform items for those of us E-6 and below that cross over? I would like to avoid buying anything I dont have to while at NSI.

nothing from E-6 and below crosses over except PT gear, shoes, black socks, and white undershirts.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
nothing from E-6 and below crosses over except PT gear, shoes, black socks, and white undershirts.

uhh, black pants, white pants (assuming they're in good shape), black tie. Which is a couple hundred bucks saved if you kept it in good shape.

PerDiem

Look what I can do!!
uhh, black pants, white pants (assuming they're in good shape), black tie. Which is a couple hundred bucks saved if you kept it in good shape.

oh yeah. good point. i got all new stuff anyway so that i didn't have old pants with new shirts/ choker whites. you also probably don't want to use an old cnt shirt for your summer whites since you'll have holes in the sleeve when you remove your rating badge. aren't the black slacks different though? they're getting rid of the johnny cashes so i didn't think to mention that. ::shutting up now:: apparently not thinking straight tonight.

torpedo0126

Anybody found the OC uniform regs? I am just trying to make sure that I bring exactly what I need to bring of my enlisted uniforms so that I dont have to buy more...but then again it wouldnt be that big of a deal. Just thought I would throw it out here

The OC uniform regs are on the uniform site under special uniforms. Here is the link: http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/unireg/chapter6/chapter_6.htm#sec1

Somewhere under "Officer Accession Programs." Some of the things probably won't be made available to you until you reach your NROTC unit.

DFSpence

I have been meaning to ask a uniform question and this looks like a good thread to put it under. As far as paying for uniforms at OCS, I haven't been able to find a clear, up to date answer from my recruiter or anyone else:

Do I need to make sure that I have X amount of money available to pay for my uniforms up front or will I get the uniform allowance before I have to buy anything? Also, please give an estimated value for X.