• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NUPOC Application Process

eahmed4

I am just about finished with my package and should be submitting it in the next couple of days. I know of course that I cannot control how fast this whole process goes, but I did tell my recruiter that I was having some financial trouble, and kind of needed NUPOC to help pay for school. We shall see if that helps expedite the process. Once I have my interview, and hopefully get selected, will my medical status have any bearing on me swearing in? I go to MEPS soon and I know nothing is official until I go through, but I am just worried that some things might push me back. I was mostly just wondering if my medical status has any bearing on me getting an interview with the admiral. Or am I still able to conduct my interview before I receive my MEPS qualification status. Any insight would be great

exNavyOffRec

I am just about finished with my package and should be submitting it in the next couple of days. I know of course that I cannot control how fast this whole process goes, but I did tell my recruiter that I was having some financial trouble, and kind of needed NUPOC to help pay for school. We shall see if that helps expedite the process. Once I have my interview, and hopefully get selected, will my medical status have any bearing on me swearing in? I go to MEPS soon and I know nothing is official until I go through, but I am just worried that some things might push me back. I was mostly just wondering if my medical status has any bearing on me getting an interview with the admiral. Or am I still able to conduct my interview before I receive my MEPS qualification status. Any insight would be great

Your recruiter should have explained the process.

If accepted by the Admiral then you go and swear in right there, so you have to have MEPS done and be PQ by N3M before starting the interview process.

eahmed4

Your recruiter should have explained the process.

If accepted by the Admiral then you go and swear in right there, so you have to have MEPS done and be PQ by N3M before starting the interview process.
He explained it to me, I just misinterpreted what he said and I just realized it. He said I could still conduct my interview before going through MEPS. He also said the Admiral can swear me in right on the spot if he likes me. So thats why I was under the assumption that I didnt have to have a qualifying physical before the interview.

exNavyOffRec

He explained it to me, I just misinterpreted what he said and I just realized it. He said I could still conduct my interview before going through MEPS. He also said the Admiral can swear me in right on the spot if he likes me. So thats why I was under the assumption that I didnt have to have a qualifying physical before the interview.

I am guessing he doesn't due many NUPOCS, it is a set process, the admiral isn't going to waste his time interviewing someone that isn't medically qualified, the screening can be done without being cleared, the pre-interviews can be done before being cleared, but the 2 or sometimes 3 engineer interviews and the Admirals interview are done in one shot and can only be done after medically cleared.

for example there are only so many spots on surface for males, there have been times when we could not send males to interview that weren't qualified for subs, if they were to interview then find out a person couldn't go subs and no available spots for surface they just wasted that time and money.

eahmed4

I am guessing he doesn't due many NUPOCS, it is a set process, the admiral isn't going to waste his time interviewing someone that isn't medically qualified, the screening can be done without being cleared, the pre-interviews can be done before being cleared, but the 2 or sometimes 3 engineer interviews and the Admirals interview are done in one shot and can only be done after medically cleared.

for example there are only so many spots on surface for males, there have been times when we could not send males to interview that weren't qualified for subs, if they were to interview then find out a person couldn't go subs and no available spots for surface they just wasted that time and money.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. What should I expect from the phone interviews? And if I make it through that, what would the interview with the admiral look like? Also I am going for SWO-Nuke/Sub-Nuke. Dont qualify for Instructor or Engineer

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for clearing that up for me. What should I expect from the phone interviews? And if I make it through that, what would the interview with the admiral look like? Also I am going for SWO-Nuke/Sub-Nuke. Dont qualify for Instructor or Engineer
phone interviews are basically prepping you for the in person interviews, various physic and calc problems, when you get to the Admiral it is pretty much decided if you are getting picked or not, he will ask questions but basically he is confirming whether a person should or should not be in the program based on the earlier interviews. If you only get 2 interviews that means you either passed or failed both the first and the second interviews, if you get 3 interviews that means you passed one of the first 2 interviews so you get a third to see if you will pass that.

eahmed4

Thank you for all your insight. I previously mentioned a bit of financial trouble. The money isnt the only reason why I am joining, but how much would I receive in pay through NUPOC? Online it says in excess of $4000 per month and other sites provide a range, but no concrete figure. How much do I actually receive?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for all your insight. I previously mentioned a bit of financial trouble. The money isnt the only reason why I am joining, but how much would I receive in pay through NUPOC? Online it says in excess of $4000 per month and other sites provide a range, but no concrete figure. How much do I actually receive?

How has your recruiter not gone over this with you? It would be E-6 base pay, plus all allowances based on the area which you reside.