• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nuclear Weapons - REPORTEDLY - found in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Lonestar155 said:
okay was I the only person to hear this or what, but supposdly the Bush administration was warned about possible attacks on US soil involving? If Bush cared he would have prevented 9/11.
Who Knew? The unanswered questions of 9/11
September 3, 2003

"CBS reporter David Martin revealed that weeks before the attacks, the CIA had warned Bush personally of Osama Bin Laden’s intent to use hijacked planes as missiles. That followed the damaging exposure by The Associated Press’s John Solomon of a pre-9/11 FBI memo from an officer in Phoenix warning of suspicious Middle Eastern men training at flight schools—a warning that went unheeded."

U.S. Clamps Secrecy on Warnings Before 9/11
August 7, 2003

"The committee managed, 'inadvertently,' it says, to get some contents of a key briefing Bush received in August 2001. It included 'FBI judgments about patterns of activity consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks; as well as information acquired in May 2001 that indicated a group of Bin Ladin (sic) supporters was planning attacks in the United States with explosives.'"
http://www.inthesetimes.com/comments.php?id=340_0_1_0_C

Bush's 9-11 Secrets
July 31, 2003

"The U.S. government had received repeated warnings of impending attacks—and attacks using planes directed at New York and Washington—for several years. The government never told us about what it knew was coming."
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0332/mondo4.php

Lonestar,

I suggest that you go out and spend the $10 + tax on a copy of the 9/11 Report. It is an interesting read, and is very enlightening.

As far as Haliburton goes, Haliburton is the BEST oil field services company bar none. The original contract that gave Haliburton the job was issued in ~1998, by the Department of Defense. That dead horse has been beat apart. Even NPR, laid it bare that it was an innocuous coincidence.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
TANGO 1 said:
Is it just out of mere luck that the Vice President of United States has some affiliation with a company that is heading the reconstruction work in Iraq. Not too long ago, there were claims that this company in questions was charging th Federal government extensively for the reconstruction process.
When Saddam used to be the good guy, who was the person that Reagan sent to go negotiate with Saddam on how to deal with Iran, the same old Donald Rumesfeld. Does it not look like this guys are confused. You talking about what we gave Saddam, was it a just out of the ordinary that we found some cases with ammunition marked Made in the U.S when the war started initially, and this was even boradcasted life on CNN.
All the international relations we gradually started building after Vietnam is now in shambles. Americans are seen as baby killers all around the world. If that does not bother you, then i think when our train stations and malls get blown off then you will get the picture. Or do you just think that hatred starts all of a sudden. Well we see how far they are going to rebuild Iraq and then when they don't finish rebuilding, we will see how much more " Mr. I don't like Americans" is going to want to fly more plains into other buildings in the U.S.
You talking of when America ever dropped bombs in Afganistan and at the same time drop liflets and rations. Where are you, I was one day listening to the CNN and on the same broadcast, the broadcaster mentioned the fact that U.S was continuing bombing missions and at the same time talked about the Airforce dropping rations and leaflets "talking about Americans are here to help"
Who ever said the war was not for oil, did you ever think of how United States was repaid back for the first Golf War. How did the Kuwaitis say a big Thank you to the United States? I know we did not fight in vain, and it was not a charity affair.
How smart is this, the U.S is believeing intelegence gathering made by Russia. That makes some great sense, because we are now friends with Russia, everything is good. You expect them to just forget the fact that we supported the Afghans to drive the out of Afghanistan in the late 80's. It is funny, because some of this guys that were fighting in that war are now dead and will never remember what U.S did. You expect them to make peace with us overnight and then everything is back to holding hands. Standby.
Why don't you read this : http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

I'll be honest, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't like posting websites or articles because many times they are simply based on opinion. Yet, when arguing an opinion, at least try to make it easy to understand or easy to read. It's difficult to comprehend what the hell you are talking about Tango1. I've read a few other threads/posts from you, like the one about an F-16 landing on a carrier. With no facts backing it, no investigation, just going off heresay and you believe something that ridiculous is true? So I have a feeling a lot of what you're saying is simply coming out of your ass. For example, how do you know we are considered baby killers around the world? Have you been around the world? I've been to many many countries without a single person calling me a baby killer. Is it the media? Is it from CNN? If you get your info from CNN, you might want to change news sources or at least get some alternate info.

As far as I know, the VP no longer has affliations with the company you mentioned. Regardless, what does that have to do with anything? What's your point, the war was based on oil and money? Prove it. Not an emotional arguement but facts proving the war was based on the VP's company had profits to gain by the US invading and defeating Iraq (if that's what you're trying to say). I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not part of the blame the US for the attacks on our country. American policy is what it is. We have helped countries all over the world when asked to do so. Sometimes we get involved because we feel it's the right thing to do. I might not always agree but in no way will I ever fall into the it's our fault people hate us. Might just be they are jealous of us. Jealously breeds hate. Supporting Israel as I understand it breeds hate from the Islamic crowd. Boo ****ing hoo. Get over it, they have every right to exist as well, IMO of course.

I still don't understand what you're saying with regards to leaflet dropping. We drop leaflets to the civilians and bomb the enemy. What's the problem again? Are saying we were bombing civilians on purpose while dropping leaflets saying we are here to help? Again, were you there on those missions? The Major that I spoke to recently who flew those missions would probably have a bit different story than yours.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
TANGO 1 said:
Is it just out of mere luck that the Vice President of United States has some affiliation with a company that is heading the reconstruction work in Iraq. Not too long ago, there were claims that this company in questions was charging th Federal government extensively for the reconstruction process.
When Saddam used to be the good guy, who was the person that Reagan sent to go negotiate with Saddam on how to deal with Iran, the same old Donald Rumesfeld. Does it not look like this guys are confused. You talking about what we gave Saddam, was it a just out of the ordinary that we found some cases with ammunition marked Made in the U.S when the war started initially, and this was even boradcasted life on CNN.
All the international relations we gradually started building after Vietnam is now in shambles. Americans are seen as baby killers all around the world. If that does not bother you, then i think when our train stations and malls get blown off then you will get the picture. Or do you just think that hatred starts all of a sudden. Well we see how far they are going to rebuild Iraq and then when they don't finish rebuilding, we will see how much more " Mr. I don't like Americans" is going to want to fly more plains into other buildings in the U.S.
You talking of when America ever dropped bombs in Afganistan and at the same time drop liflets and rations. Where are you, I was one day listening to the CNN and on the same broadcast, the broadcaster mentioned the fact that U.S was continuing bombing missions and at the same time talked about the Airforce dropping rations and leaflets "talking about Americans are here to help"
Who ever said the war was not for oil, did you ever think of how United States was repaid back for the first Golf War. How did the Kuwaitis say a big Thank you to the United States? I know we did not fight in vain, and it was not a charity affair.
How smart is this, the U.S is believeing intelegence gathering made by Russia. That makes some great sense, because we are now friends with Russia, everything is good. You expect them to just forget the fact that we supported the Afghans to drive the out of Afghanistan in the late 80's. It is funny, because some of this guys that were fighting in that war are now dead and will never remember what U.S did. You expect them to make peace with us overnight and then everything is back to holding hands. Standby.

Why don't you read this : http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB82/

That was a good read. But you shouldn't take the conclusion as gospel. The author neglects put the data in the perspective of the events of the day. What was going on during the that time? Who are we going to support in the Iran-Iraq War? A country that ACTIVELY sponsored and coordinated terrorism against the US or country whose past was less checkered? That's a no brainer. And to further place the Iran-Iraq war in context, what was the grand strategical goal of the US during the 1980s? Defeating the Soviet Union.

That article, which is a comprehensive summary of the US inolvement in the Iran-Iraq War, did not mention US sales of chemical weapons to Iraq from the US.

The fact is that two events have placed us in a far different world, than the world of the 1980s. The fall of the Soviet Union and the events of September 11, 2001 are those two events. We now live in a brave new world.

As far as "the good will" that we developed internationally after Vietnam goes, the removal of the removal of the threat of invasion from the Soviet Union, caused a realigning of European priorities. That is to say that without the threat of invasion, Europe does not need the protection of the US anymore. Europe is eager to show that it doesn't need the US as greatly anymore. That is evident in the formation of the new EU.

I hate to say this, Tango, but Americans will always be seen as "baby killers" by those who despise Americans, even if we walked on water.

Oh, Tango, I am sure there was a quid pro quo with Russians over the intel. Always remember this truism when looking at international realtions, "A coutnry has no permanent friends, only permanant interests." Hey, with that line of reasoning, why did we help the Brits in WWI and WWII, after they invaded and burned the White House in 1812? Or how the Soviets turned on the West after WWII, even though theWest supported the Soviet Union through the darkest hours of WWII, with the Lend-Lease?

If you want to find faults in something you are going to find faults, no matter what.

Just the musings of a naval historian in training.

TANGO 1

Contributor
Hey,
I don't have problem with the government telling people(the public) they are fighting to save the Iraqi's but then service members should be honest with each other. Hey, we are going to Iraq to get oil, so that oil is cheaper for us in America, hey that is good. Maybe that will drop down the prices of gas. It is all about Politics ( National Interest), It is always going to be "what can we get and not what are we doing for you". I mean, people are dieing for this cause. It is ridiculous but that is what is happening. And let nobody fool you that America has a habit of helping countries in distress. The only way we helping is if we getting something or we trying to back our policies e.g (anti-communism, anti-palestine)
O.K the VP is nolonger in direct control of the Adminstration of Haliburton, but then does that mean that everyone he is worked with is either dead or nolonger works for Haliburton. Common fellows, this is money right here. They not going to come out and publicly declare that the VP is getting some share from the Iraq contract. You and I know this.
Is there any country the U.S helped out during the Cold war that U.S never gave some form of weapom? You think about this and get back with me. Even right now, the U.S is giving military supplies to Israel. (I know you will say no). Try and watch BBC if you think CNN is somewhat biased. You, will say but you cannot prove it. Palestinans the other day captured some Israelis and then showed the weapons they confisicated from them on camera, the damn thing had Made in U. S on it. Common, what else will support for Israel mean if we do not give them M-16 and the other things they get.
Where have you been going, you that is talking about the U.S not having enemies all over the world, when was the last time you travelled out of the country, and i am not talking of Canada. Check this, i was in Europe last month trying to pickup a chic at a bar, she hears my accent and askses me where i was from. I told her and then the conversation turned from being "you are sexy" to defending America, now only God knows what would have happened if she knew i was in the service. Now before stopping over in Europe, i was in South Africa and i did not get a good reception, the minuet people knew where i was from. All i was doing was trying to defend America, and why if we did no go to war the whole world was at risk. If you think there i no problem, then you are wrong.

If at all you will tell somebody else a lie, never tell yourself a lie. It is F**ked, but i guess everyone who is already in the military or planning to get in is going to fight at some point for things you do not totally agree with. We have to get cheap gas somehow right?

spr

Even if we did go to war and our leaders were thinking "hey we may get some oil so we ought to protect/serve this interest" what is wrong with that? Better asked should we go die and spend billions in countries of which we have nothing to gain? From what I have gathered, all hearsay of course, we did Iraq a good deed by just freeing them from that inhumane dictator. So what we had other reasons when we invaded (bad intel is bad intel)...if that is all that comes from the war is their freedom from Saddam not enough? These are all just a questions I wanted to throw out because I got alot of interesting answers (opinions of course) while I was travelling around Europe this summer finding out that American's are all baby killers. Tango I'm just playin, I probably would have believed you saying the world thinks we are all baby killers but from my experience, although maybe limited compared with yours, I never heard that once. I believe in what is being done over there and of course hindsight is 20/20 and everybody, presidents included, makes mistakes but I can't blame him. I'd imagine that most people in his position, in order to protect the american way of life would have done the same thing cause it wouldn't be worth the risk. It takes a man with some balls that clank to make a decision like that with limited information...but the real men come out after the fact to cast shadows of doubt and criticise. But I know thats what makes this country so great is everybodies ability to form and voice there opinions...even the ones that blow.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
"If at all you will tell somebody else a lie, never tell yourself a lie."

Not sure what this means?? I'm having fun responding but please, explain this.

Anyway, I'm going to regret it but I'll ask though, Tango1 what European country(s) did you recently go to? It's been a while for me but I've been to and spent time in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, Baharain, UAE, and South Korea. I've also been to Oman, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait, and Pakistan but haven't spent much time interacting with the public, just their military. I have no doubt we are considered evil by many but a lot of their info comes from the media, their media which can pick and choose of what the people need to hear.

I'm still not sure what most of your arguements are except maybe that the US is wrong and bad because the rest of the world says so and thus hates us. Is that it? I'm still a bit confused :confused:

gagirl

I think the WMD's are in Syria. How easy would that have been for Saddam? By the time everyone was through arguing back and forth on whether or not we should invade he had months to transport them. There's no way we would find them in Syria unless we went in there to look and that would not go over to well I don't think.

I'm believe he had them, but because CNN said they don't you have to believe it. They report the unbaised truth!! That was complete sarcasm if your wondering. I don't want to get blasted for that statement. There are just so many people (liberals, hollywood etc) that believes anything the liberal media says.

I think we'll find the WMD's. just hope it's before November.

gagirl

TANGO 1

Contributor
bunk22 said:

You have been to a rack of places. Actually i was Denmark last month and the month before that on my way back from Africa, i stoped over and spent a week in germany and also Netherlands. I very much agree that the Media might be doing more harm on our behalf than we can ever imagine, but what if the case was otherwise.

Well, what i mean is this, I don't know where you stand, but what i am trying to say is this, lets face it. There is much to gain from oil. Weather you believe it or not we are benefiting from the Iraqi oil. But you know what, that is politics, it is national interest. You work at getting what you want with what you have. Hell, i will be one of the happy people when oil prices drop. This has always been the way countries survive from way back.
But then there is no point in us telling ourselves otherwise, offcourse you do not expect the President in his T.V address to say" Hey Americans, you know the oil in Iraq might be a very good deal" Offcourse there has to be a cover, and this what i mean. Even though somepeople believe that they it was just bad intel scoop and had we gotten the WMD this would not be the case. Hey, they want the oil plain and simple. It is just sad 900 and some people have died already and with many more to die.

I have not been following this, but when was the last time focus was placed on the reconstruction U.S was doing in Afghanistan since we cannot find Bin Laden. I know we have troop there. How many hospitals, schools have they built lately. That would be some good information.

TANGO 1

Contributor
gagirl said:
I think the WMD's are in Syria. How easy would that have been for Saddam? By the time everyone was through arguing back and forth on whether or not we should invade he had months to transport them. There's no way we would find them in Syria unless we went in there to look and that would not go over to well I don't think.

I'm believe he had them, but because CNN said they don't you have to believe it. They report the unbaised truth!! That was complete sarcasm if your wondering. I don't want to get blasted for that statement. There are just so many people (liberals, hollywood etc) that believes anything the liberal media says.

gagirl

You know what, I am one of those Americans that will be willing to accept the fact that i was wrong, but until they find those WMD I will say everything is a scarm. You talking about taking it to Syria, did you not watch it on T.V when Colin Powell was convincing the U.N with pictures of the bunkers and things, places they believe Saddam is manufacturing this things. Or will you say that is also Liberal T.V. If they had satelites and all their info, then they should have kept up with Saddam and made sure he did not leave the country. I will like to believe they had their sources on the ground monitoring the mobile labs.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
TANGO 1 said:
bunk22 said:

You have been to a rack of places. Actually i was Denmark last month and the month before that on my way back from Africa, i stoped over and spent a week in germany and also Netherlands. I very much agree that the Media might be doing more harm on our behalf than we can ever imagine, but what if the case was otherwise.

Well, what i mean is this, I don't know where you stand, but what i am trying to say is this, lets face it. There is much to gain from oil. Weather you believe it or not we are benefiting from the Iraqi oil. But you know what, that is politics, it is national interest. You work at getting what you want with what you have. Hell, i will be one of the happy people when oil prices drop. This has always been the way countries survive from way back.
But then there is no point in us telling ourselves otherwise, offcourse you do not expect the President in his T.V address to say" Hey Americans, you know the oil in Iraq might be a very good deal" Offcourse there has to be a cover, and this what i mean. Even though somepeople believe that they it was just bad intel scoop and had we gotten the WMD this would not be the case. Hey, they want the oil plain and simple. It is just sad 900 and some people have died already and with many more to die.

I have not been following this, but when was the last time focus was placed on the reconstruction U.S was doing in Afghanistan since we cannot find Bin Laden. I know we have troop there. How many hospitals, schools have they built lately. That would be some good information.

Oil makes the world go round. That's life. We get more oil, well so be it. To the victor goes the spoils. Though I have yet to really see huge improvements in gas prices. Must be those oil companies price fixing again :D

I don't know about Afghanist and and its rebuilding. Do a search on the net and get back to us. Thats your homework.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
TANGO 1 said:
You know what, I am one of those Americans that will be willing to accept the fact that i was wrong, but until they find those WMD I will say everything is a scarm. You talking about taking it to Syria, did you not watch it on T.V when Colin Powell was convincing the U.N with pictures of the bunkers and things, places they believe Saddam is manufacturing this things. Or will you say that is also Liberal T.V. If they had satelites and all their info, then they should have kept up with Saddam and made sure he did not leave the country. I will like to believe they had their sources on the ground monitoring the mobile labs.

That's the thing though, could we take the chance that Sadam had them? His borders were open to the bad guys and selling or giving a warhead filled with syrin gas was a possibility. Indirect warfare. I truly believe the President acted on the best intel available. There are no more playing games after 9/11. I don't care if the President was a dem or rep, ending that regime after 12 years of conflict was the correct thing to do. I for one hope there was never any real WMD that were produced, hidden, or moved to Syria because that means none ever fell into the wrong hands. That's comforting.

TANGO 1

Contributor
I am loving this. Now we talking "To the victor goes the spoil".
I have another question, why did the U.S forces not end the regime of Saddam Husein in the first Gulf War. This guy was already about as insane as he was when his regime was toppled as the first time U.S went in. Can you possibly prove that the U.S was not looking for a second reason to come back, because for some reason the U.S did not see a reason to go back in again until Bush junior got back into power. (Yes i know Clinton made some actions against him)

I will look into the Afghanistan case and get back with the forum. I am very sure i wll not find anything. But i will still do the search.

You right, If i was the president of the United States, i will feel weak if terrorist have their way while i am in power and come as close as they did to the Pentagon. It is that " We are going to get the bad guy mentality."

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
The reason we did not end it in the first Gulf War is simple...the U.N. That organization has become worthless, we are 90% of their forces doing all their dirty work in the world, and then when it comes to protecting our interests, they say no. The U.S. needs to withdraw from the U.N. and let the other nations finally step up and do their part.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
gagirl said:

gagirl

We won't find the WMD's. And if we ever do, it will be nowhere near the quantities that we were led to believe that Saddam had. He might've moved some to Syria. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. Secondly, we were told of an extensive program. For that, you need somewhere to manufacture, store, etc. We haven't found squat.

You know, maybe those crazy liberals went in there and took'em all. :eek:

6403132_F_tn.jpg

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
lowflier03 said:
The reason we did not end it in the first Gulf War is simple...the U.N. That organization has become worthless, we are 90% of their forces doing all their dirty work in the world, and then when it comes to protecting our interests, they say no. The U.S. needs to withdraw from the U.N. and let the other nations finally step up and do their part.

no, the reason we didn't was because we weren't there for regime change. We were there to get Iraq out of Kuwait, and that we did. The coalition was not there to get Saddam.

Status
Not open for further replies.