• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nuclear Weapons - REPORTEDLY - found in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
This just came up on www.drudgereport.com
It has NOT, I repeat NOT, been verified.

Nuclear arms reportedly found in Iraq

Baghdad, Iraq, Jul. 21 (UPI) -- Iraqi security reportedly discovered three missiles carrying nuclear heads concealed in a concrete trench northwest of Baghdad, official sources said Wednesday.

The official daily al-Sabah quoted the sources as saying the missiles were discovered in trenches near the city of Tikrit, the hometown of ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

"The three missiles were discovered by chance when the Iraqi security forces captured former Baath party official Khoder al-Douri who revealed during interrogation the location of the missiles saying they carried nuclear heads," the sources said.

They pointed out that the missiles were actually discovered in the trenches lying under six meters of concrete and designed in a way to unable sophisticated sensors from discovering nuclear radiation.

The sources said al-Douri, who is related to former Vice Chairman of the Iraq Revolution Council and Saddam's right-hand man Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, was captured after Iraqi police intercepted an e-mail message in which he set a meeting with another former Baath official.

The report could not be authenticated by the interior ministry or the national security department, but the paper noted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshiar Zibari made a surprise request recently to Mohammed el-Baradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, to resume inspections for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if it is..........

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Just in time for the Dems convention!!! Kerry is now quickly going through his speech crossing out the phrase, "lied about weapons of mass destruction..." every time it appears. His speech has now gone from 45 min, to 2.

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Remember, these are INITIAL reports and UNCOMFIRMED. However since UPI had it out there, I went ahead and posted it.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
They'll wait until Bush can fly out there for a press conference to confirm them. I can just see him standing there going, "I told you so.."

JKD

The Iraqi government isn't confirming the story yet.

Iraq Interior Ministry Says Report on Nukes 'Stupid'
http://news.myway.com/top/article/id/265453|top|07-21-2004::09:48|reuters.html

petescheu

Even if it is confirmed, you'll probably never see it on any of the main stream media... heaven forbid all their liberal rantings about how Bush lied about the war be wrong. It would be great to see though.

Dirty Underwear Gang

Drudge is also reporting that there is solid intelligence indicating the existence of a partially built Death Star located in a barn in Basra. Word is that Admiral Ackbar is organizing an assault team led by Ewoks to take it out.

Drudge is a terrible source of information.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
Drudge isn't reporting it, just linking it on his site. The story is from United Press International.

I do like the Star Wars reference, though.

JKD

Looks like the Washington Post has updated the story in the link from the UPI initial report to a denial from the military.

R

RickyDT34

Semper Fudge said:
Drudge is also reporting that there is solid intelligence indicating the existence of a partially built Death Star located in a barn in Basra. Word is that Admiral Ackbar is organizing an assault team led by Ewoks to take it out.

Drudge is a terrible source of information.

Drudge is uber-conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.