• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NSS Going away in API?

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Just selected helos on Thursday. Got orders to be in Milton two weeks later.

Yup. Par for the course.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Got my orders on May 18 to report NLT June 3. WTF. Is this how the aviation community is? I will be there with my tooth brush and a change of underwear....Thats about it.
Wow. Newly commissioned, former enlisted and whinning already. You've left the world of creeping around at 5 kts and need to start thinking at 500 kts. Two weeks to move from Altanta to Pcola is plenty (family or not).

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, really... My orders changed in API to move to Corpus with one day's notice after I had already put a deposit down on a place that I couldn't move in to till later that month... Enjoyed a nice stay at the BOQ/BEQ for a couple weeks!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yes, there is a big push for production. How many Xs is primary behind? 10k still?

jtmedli

pilot
Wow. Newly commissioned, former enlisted and whinning already. You've left the world of creeping around at 5 kts and need to start thinking at 500 kts. Two weeks to move from Altanta to Pcola is plenty (family or not).

Hey now, I think it's worth nothing that 5 hour drive is a real bitch. ;)

Smirnoff, I (along with any other OCS grad) had something like 3-4 days to drive from Newport, RI to SC. Pack everything I own..and be checked into building 633 in Pcola. Leaving OCS with 14 days negative leave really bit us in the ass. You'll probably be Ok with having 2 weeks to make a 5 hour drive.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Yes, there is a big push for production. How many Xs is primary behind? 10k still?

Last I heard TW4 made up the shortfall and actually got a bit ahead. Mando Saturdays largely went away. I'm sure 10 mins from now things will change, but that was the story recently.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Got my orders on May 18 to report NLT June 3. WTF. Is this how the aviation community is? I will be there with my tooth brush and a change of underwear....Thats about it.
wah wah wah, that's plenty of time dude

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
I sympathize Smirnoff but we get used to it. I know it's normal for us that have done it a few times, and the fact remains, it does indeed suck. Just one of the many things that aren't ideal, but are a fact of life for us.

You'll be moving often in the TRACOM.

And yeah adding to what Synix said, rumor is TW4 is ahead of the production game atm. Just scuttlebutt though afaik. I have no idea how we're ahead with all the WX cancels in the Winter/Spring though. Magic? The Cruces det helped a lot I'm sure. We should just pick up TW4 and move it out there. The det was much more efficient. Nature of the beast though when you strip it all down and just fly.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Pretty much, I got my orders after winging on the next Wednesday, got packed out on a Friday, left on Sunday and was in San Diego on Tuesday.

So get used to having to move quickly

Yeah man, same deal for me. Winged Friday, heard it was going to be a while, then Tues AM the pool stucon O was like "oh snap, you guys are all leaving this week" and I was moving into my house in SD the following Tues (after a nice 3 day cross country drive with our stuff). SERE school the following week, and my wife had to meet the movers and unpack our house since I was in class all day every day, getting ready to go to the field.

@ Smirnoff, get used to it. I commissioned, PCS'd 2500 miles to P'cola 3 days later (well kind of TEMDUINS but whatever), classed up immediately, then PCS'd again to Corpus 6 weeks after that. Spent 7 months in Corpus, then PCS'd again to Meridian. Wings 15 months almost to the day later, and then see above. You will move a lot before things even out. The most advance warning I have gotten before any move was probably ~ 4-5 days. You will find that when you are approaching that last X in a particular pipeline, you should be making plans to pack up as the end-game will come quickly after that. That being said, judging by your username, your heart is in the right place for the next couple of years of training :)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What they said.

SNA/SNFO's are just items in a production line, man. No one will even pretend to give a damn about your convenience or quality of life until you're winged and in the Fleet...then they'll at least pretend to care.

Smirnoff

pilot
I was really asking if this is how the aviation community is. Either way I'm fully committed to training. But I don't think I will ever get used to getting my house ready to sell, packing up my HHG, and moving a wife, three kids, and lazy ass dog into gateway Inns in two weeks. Its not normal. But it will be done.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Yeah don't sweat it. Sometimes, especially online, any expression of dislike of how things are typically are done get reactions like "get used to it" or "suck it up".

But really we all know it sucks. It's not ideal, or easy, but that's how it is.