• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NS Norfolk O-Club Revival/AW Rally 6 FEB...er, make that 20 FEB!!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sometimes, I swear people don't post in English on this board.:icon_tong

The game is called Klondike and a DUCK is a 2. For more lessons, please proceed to your nearest O'Club and bring some cash. :D

The next lesson will cost you some money!

-ea6bflyr ;)

MasterBates

I'll be there sans-greens around 1600 or so.

Overslept this morning, and had to fly out the door so I forgot to grab them.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
And by revival we mean we have to tell them at lunch that people are coming in to drink... Thanks to all who came out, including "the old guy with wings" that my PQMs talked to before we started drinking...

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Well, my concept of "till they throw us out" must be different than yours. I started at Thimble Shoals Bar (mainside BOQ) @ 1730 (some of us actually have to work) with some friends, and left them and headed to Breezy Point @ 1845, figuring it would be rockin'. Imagine my surprise when I found every door was locked and the lights were out. Thank God I didn't embarass myself and ask some of the group to join me (one is probably the last RF-8 Crusader guy still in uniform (USNR Flag); another might be the last Whale EWO still on active duty - it would have been a good group for the young un's to mix with. Someone needs to tell the RAG Studs to spend less time at the all you can eat lunch buffet and more time doing professional development at Happy Hour.

Just in case I got the venue wrong, I diverted into Oceana on my way home. It wasn't much better - save for about 20 guys celebrating a Reserve C-9 guy's retirement, it would have been a ghost town. Fortunately there were two guys there I flew with back in the early 90s, and it was good to catch up with them.

Sad. In less than one generation Friday night at Oceana has gone from 500 people, live band, DJ, and a juke box until 2am to Sleepy Hollow. If the Pensacola crowd didn't fare any better tonight w/ 50 nurses, the future of O'Clubs and the social fabric of Naval Aviation is in real trouble.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the Pensacola crowd didn't fare any better tonight w/ 50 nurses, the future of O'Clubs and the social fabric of Naval Aviation is in real trouble.
Decent crowd was there, including fc2spyguy rocking the greens, but unfortunately the 50 nurses didn't get the memo. Sausage fest as always. Now the rumor is they're coming NEXT week.

Methinks this is an A-pool rumor that somehow escaped A-pool. Sort of like the notion that there are 50 hot single chicks of any vocation in Pensacola. :icon_tong Oh, and ask Phrog about the card he got. :D

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I started at Thimble Shoals Bar
We didn't buy into the existence of it - honestly - until we were all headed to downtown Norfolk. Seriously, it'll take a while but we're going to move the bar to be at from Q bar to Breezy Point. Believe it.

MasterBates

Posting via phone from squorch's spare bedroom,

Apparently you have to tell the staff by lunchtime that you want the bar open. A tactical error on my part that will not be repeated.

Lets do it next Friday, 1600 til they kick us out.

PM me if you are coming so I can have a number to give them to justify being open.

Again, sorry, tactical error on my part.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Next Friday is the start of a 3 day weekend. Even more excuse not to participate for those looking for one.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The best part is going through ASO school and having P-3 guys in your AMB group (we're doing the 60B SIR). They asked what seemed (to them) like a simple question. I smiled and said "A NAVAL Aviator, you know - the kind that go to the boat, would know that..." ;)

Nothing but love websan...
Eh, you were just talking to the wrong P3 aviator, let me guess, um, first tour? Get back to me when you are ready to talk ICAO, ASW, SSC, and COORDOPS. Last time I checked, the P3 mafia is alive and well on the carrier, I don't know, jobs like ANAV, Strike, Shooter, etc...

You are just jealous of my per diem, and the fact that I have a galley and rack in my plane... Don't be a hater because the fat kid got the good deal, sheez.

Nothing but love, nothing but love... :D

In all seriousness though, I would guess that our community gave you two very good SIRs to talk about. "Very good" as in discussion all the things that can go terribly wrong, sigh.

It seems that MasterBates is a ninja of some sort. He somehow managed to get into our squadron and post his article on AWGs.

I left the club at noon or so.

MasterBates

I don't need to post stuff. That's what my minions are for!

As was mentioned, next week may be bad for a full press being a long weekend and I know a lot of people will be gone.

Perhaps the 20th? Give us more time to get word out, and make sure the club is actually open.

Apparently, this not being open on Friday for Happy Hour is a recent happening. Like in the last 2 weeks or so.

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
Sad..... the future of O'Clubs and the social fabric of Naval Aviation is in real trouble.

The root of this problem? The military loses money, then someone had the bright idea to run it like a corporation. (And everything that entails)

On a lighter note, tradition is alive, but not exactly well. We still fall out on the street as we're the last ones leaving, just a little more under the radar as the pendulum begins to swing back to center. We'll see... Chicken skin kine but not yet weeping