• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC SNA stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaBEaP3gal

This is a very sensitive topic obviously, but I know this person very well. What I was trying to get across was that there are sooooo many other people out there who I know bust their ass everyday because they strive to reach their goals. Imagine how hard you must have worked to get where you are today to see that someone else just slipped through the cracks and did almost nothing to get where they are. The thing is, there are many integritiy issues w/ this person as well. And from what I have heard, this person isn't even getting recommendations to flight school for the many reasons I have already mentioned (that's what I meant by telling them it may not happen). Sorry if this is pissing people off, but it's something I had to get off my chest.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Look, if this person really has that bad of a package, then they'll get weeded out. But here's the more important thing, if this person does get selected than that means the boards saw something in him/her that you didn't. So it's not like they are taking anyone else's slot away. The board determines who is gets it and who doesn't.
As for the integrity thing, you should probably address that if it is truly a concern. But as for evrything else, I'm not going to be upset if this person gets a slot and I don't because I trust the board's decision - I may not like it, but it's not my call.
As for getting things off of your chest - that's why we're here!

Chubby

IceWoman04 said:
Here's something that's been bothering me lately. There is this person I know, who has a 2.5 GPA, crappy eval scores, hardly passes the PFA, and I don't think the person has passed their ASTB yet, however, this person still seems to think they are going to get into flight school. This person is also up against some tough competition with many others. Are there miraculous stories out there about people like this, or should I just tell this person to dream on, it's not gonna happen!!??

One word ... Karma. If they're as bad as you say they'll get their just due in the end. As for you, just concentrate on yourself and doing the best you can. That will take you farther than anything else. Don't sweat the small stuff, and only worry about things that you can change. Because if you start worrying about what others are doing and getting away with, all of which you have no control over, your just going to A) give yourself an ulcer and/or B) not be able to focus on what you need to focus on.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
IceWoman04 said:
This is a very sensitive topic obviously, but I know this person very well. What I was trying to get across was that there are sooooo many other people out there who I know bust their ass everyday because they strive to reach their goals. Imagine how hard you must have worked to get where you are today to see that someone else just slipped through the cracks and did almost nothing to get where they are. The thing is, there are many integritiy issues w/ this person as well. And from what I have heard, this person isn't even getting recommendations to flight school for the many reasons I have already mentioned (that's what I meant by telling them it may not happen). Sorry if this is pissing people off, but it's something I had to get off my chest.

There are going to be people like that EVERYWHERE you go in the Navy. There always seems to be at least 1. Flight school is no easy matter and there is a lot to cram into a day. One of the things that there is not room for is that type of BS. Worry about yourself and how you can better yourself. If you see things that peers are doing that you do not agree with... Note it, put it in your bag of things not to do, and NEVER DO IT.

As for the individual, for all you know there may be external factors that you are not privy to. Speculating, gossipping and judging will only drive you nuts. THere is nothing you can do about it. Life will be a lot more enjoyable without having to stress about others right to be somewhere.

Here is something else for all to ponder....

Some of the most hard core, most squared away Mids/newly commissioned people, you know the ones you swear will rock the program and be the next Chuck Yeager, were among some of the first people I knew to attrite. Then there were those that were so hard core that they could not relax and just have fun, so they finished with ~30 NSS. So becareful b4 you judge others.

Status
Not open for further replies.