• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC SNA stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I know that no one knows for sure right now but when are they planning on changing the 6%?

-Snizo
I am pretty sure that you are right, I don't think that there is any weighting given to schools....which sucks.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
ET-Mike said:
I am pretty sure that you are right, I don't think that there is any weighting given to schools....which sucks.

Not quite true... they (CNET/NETC/whoever) statistically adjust your aptitude for sure, and possibly your GPA. ea6bflyr would know more about this, however.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
What does your aptitude have to do with what school you go to? Isn't that just like part of your eval?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
ET-Mike said:
What does your aptitude have to do with what school you go to? Isn't that just like part of your eval?

Due to the variations in units and differences in standards for evaluation, CNET uses statistical methods to even out any unduly negatively or positively skewed scores. So yes, they do vary from unit to unit.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Well, I think if they should weigh anything it should be GPA. I would think that there is more deviation between grades then there are differences between aptitude. Any idea when they are changing the 6% score?

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
I just thought of something else, all of the stats that some of you posted, were those from when you graduated or from when you submitted everything, around the start of your Senior year? That is when you submit right? The start of your Senior year?

snizo

Supply Officer
The stuff I messaged you a while back was when I submitted my package (about 8 mos before graduation) ... but your GPA, PT, etc shouldn't change much (if at all) in a year... and they are basing their decision on what you have at the time - not what you will have when you graduate.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Does anybody know the quota numbers for SNA/SNFO for the December grads? Also, are there usually alot of December grads and if so, what are the historical acceptance percentages? ea6bflyr, have you heard anything from your end?

WannaBEaP3gal

Here's something that's been bothering me lately. There is this person I know, who has a 2.5 GPA, crappy eval scores, hardly passes the PFA, and I don't think the person has passed their ASTB yet, however, this person still seems to think they are going to get into flight school. This person is also up against some tough competition with many others. Are there miraculous stories out there about people like this, or should I just tell this person to dream on, it's not gonna happen!!??

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I don't think its your place to tell him that its not going to happen. Let the system make the call, because its not your responsibility or place to tell him "he can't cut it".

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
I've heard of some pretty amazing selections. Don't count anyone out until the final selection comes through.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
IceWoman04 said:
Here's something that's been bothering me lately. There is this person I know, who has a 2.5 GPA, crappy eval scores, hardly passes the PFA, and I don't think the person has passed their ASTB yet, however, this person still seems to think they are going to get into flight school. This person is also up against some tough competition with many others. Are there miraculous stories out there about people like this, or should I just tell this person to dream on, it's not gonna happen!!??

Who are you to tell anyone that they do not have what it takes? Are you now or have you been through Navy Flight training? Do you now or have you ever, sat on the board that decides selections?

I would be willing to bet that there are far more valuable topics that you should be worring about. But certainly not the topic of if a peer is qualified for a job that you have never had.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
I don't know IceWoman04, but I'd have a little more respect for A) my peers, and B) bch, an SNA who's been there. Why don't you worry about yourself and let the system work? You may be a very nice person, but you're post did come off a bit rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.