• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Service Selection FY11

gparks1989

pilot
Contributor
Would y'all mind giving out stats for those 2/c eagerly awaiting service selection....next year???

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot
1390 as well...drinks on me

3.8 gpa poli sci and russian
7/7/7
OTL PRT

good luck gparks

JTB7

Good luck guys, 16/18 guys at our NROTC unit got their first choice, and a lot chose SNA/NFO.

ELT(SS)

I am pretty sure this is a stupid question, but does anyone know if the results come out in a message form that I will be able to find online, or does it just go straight to the CO? Because my CO didn't tell anyone what they got, he didn't tell any of the OIs, and the school their office is at has tomorrow off for fall break, so it looks like I am going to have to wait until next week to find out unless I can find a list online somewhere.
Thanks

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
ELT- Each command gets a message that contains only the names of MIDN and OCs currently at their command.

I got 1390. . . For all of the MIDN on here don't worry about shit hot OCs. You don't compete against them for service selection even though the results come out at the same time. For instance, last year I think around 80 STA-core options commissioned and only 2 were service assigned 1390. If that holds true this year then both are regular AW guys!!

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
THAT ^ is is probably of the reasons why Naval Aviation is overmanned in the training pipeline every few years...

I like to imagine the guys who do the designator manning projections just putting blindfolds on, being spun around in a chair, and then throwing darts at numbers. Would that be more or less accurate than how it's done now? Discuss.

Congratulations to all the mids/OCs that selected 1390/1370/*whatever they wanted*. I remember skipping class to down a few brews once I found out. My accounting professor, after I explained why I missed class that day, remarked, "Oh... I probably would've done the same, too."

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I agree with you all on SA. They can only spare 2 pilot spots for STA-21 Core guys, but a kid at my unit go selected SNA with a 2.40 gpa, prt failures, and a 4/5/4 ASTB.

punx_clever

Worrying yourself over why someone got selected for something / got to stay in / how many slots are available for whoever at the ROTC stage is kinda pointless... the monkey and the dartboard are still in effect. Just wait till you get to try and figure out NSS