• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC Program

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
But after pushing yourself at PT four days a week (atleast at my unit), you will start to fall out less and less. Your unit's PT schedule may be designed for maintaining a baseline rather than improving, so it's up to you to go running and do workouts on the weekend or twice a day if you need to improve.

Very well said.

Don't wait until you get there to start though, start early like he said. Stay in it.
Your previous question about the elliptical. Want to run faster and better? Running is the KEY. Elliptical, swimming, other cardio help and is good cross training. But running is the best because it is a skill.

Quan

I do want to be an officer. I have been pushing myself to start running and do push ups and sit ups, what else can i do to improve my running time, push ups and sit ups? i talked to the NROTC recruiter today and he said that i have to do a uniform inflation and a 5 min prone float to pass the 3rd swim class. am i suppose to hold in my breath for 5 mins, facing down on the water like a dead man? and what is a uniform inflation?

cameron172

pilot
You can google how to improve run time/push up/sit up workouts. Naturally, the more you do it, the easier it'll become and the more you can crank out in 2 minutes. Uniform inflation is taking your pants, tying the legs and filling it with air to make a life jacket sort of thing. And no, they don't expect you to hold your breath for 5 minutes. You're allowed to lift your head out of the water to take a few breaths and put it back down until you have to breathe again.

Ok, take a deep breath and relax.

Do this. I know you're anxious, I was too. But they will teach you everything you need to do in every evolution (PT, inspections, drill, summer cruises, swim quals, watch standing, etc). Don't be afraid to ask questions...it's a training command and they know you're learning mostly from scratch. If you mess up, you won't get kicked out immediately (except DUIs, underage drinking). Try your hardest while you're there and you will have no problem.

Quan

Thank you guys now i have motivation to get in shape!! thanks for answering my questions! it really helps!!

gotta_fly

pilot
am i suppose to hold in my breath for 5 mins, facing down on the water like a dead man?

Only if you want to get a competitive score for that event.

Seriously, this is stuff that you will be spoon fed. Go out for a run, and don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2