• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC indocs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Commodore "Mid", pm me if you want some info on Vanderbilt, I will be a 1st class this year, that's right, it's elimination time biatches....

WannaBEaP3gal

Wow, that wasn't very nice.... besides, these deaths weren't a result of being a "fat a$$", I believe it was because of heat exhaustion and an undetected heart problem.

absolutVU

I went to Vandy and went through INDOC as a mid and worked as an instructor one summer. I was actually at the rotc unit on Sunday --primary xcty!--when the kids showed up for the check-in day and I just looked at them and thought they probably didn't know what they were in for that week. Nothing like 90 days of OCS but the experience was just like what the other posts said about it ---lots of yelling and general discomfort---just like primary! There are some funny memories looking back, though....

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, finished the indoc on Friday. It definitely was difficult and my PT scores were not good at all (my run needs work) but I gave 100% effort and I'm looking forward to the year.

And dude, my Gunnery Sergeant is friggin awesome/scary.

impaulv

O-Week

Happy Fun Week? Mr. Turner is trying to recruit for Drill Team (not as happy or fun as much as it is a week of winter break for drill teamers), and yes, the Drill Team is very good. Yes, O-Week is a good time (at UCLA) and intended to get you eased into rotc life @ UCLA. As for the price, some of it may or may not be refunded, but you will get your money's worth. I am the logisitics person for the O-Week.. hahahha. *evil laugh*

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
LOL! Crowbar that was low. . . still funny though! :icon_tong

USN99

USN99
None
NROTC Summer Cruises

Can anyone give a current high-level overview of NROTC Summer Cruises?
Still three cruises? Duration?
NROTC Grad will appreciate the update.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
flashypants said:
On the subject of "orientation week" at UCLA, they should rename it "Happy Fun Week." It's really laid back, no yelling and screaming, no harsh treatment, no early reveille, simply an introduction to the military, basic customs/courtesies, uniform wear/upkeep, inspection knowledge, etc... It really is a nice vacation for a week before school starts...and it's in Southern California, so you can't really beat it. I would bet that there are a lot of people out there who would gladly pay $120 to get that deal, instead of the indocs they get. Enjoy it, and be a proud UCLA Mid once you do get sworn in.

ENS Shaun Turner
UCLA '04

It's changed a bit then. I started UCLA NROTC in the fall of 88 and there was a lot of screaming, yelling, and push-ups. It all took place in and around the mens gym though. In the scheme of things, it was still a cake walk compared to other programs. Kinda of lame actually but the unit used to run a pretty tight ship after the fact. To add, I agree, be a proud UCLA Mid once your sworn in.

UCLA NROTC of 93 :)

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
USN99 said:
Can anyone give a current high-level overview of NROTC Summer Cruises?
Still three cruises? Duration?
NROTC Grad will appreciate the update.

Still three cruises for those of us that show up with scholarships. After freshman year is CORTRAMID east or west, then 2/c surface/sub, then 1/c cruise.

snizo

Supply Officer
Usually around 3-4 weeks but can be anywhere from 2.5-8 weeks long. Yes I got a 2 month 2/c cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.