• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NROTC drug test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can somebody please let me know when they drug test you once you start applying for the NROTC. is it when you have an interview with your NROTC recruiter in your district, or is it included in the physical test after you get accpted. And if you do get accepted can they do a random drug test during your senior year of highschool? (im currently a junior)

MasterBates

Easy solution.

Stop doing drugs and you have nothing to worry about.

Trying to "beat" the drug tests will just get you in trouble.

And it speaks volumes of you (lack of) integrity.

IrishEagle85

can somebody please let me know when they drug test you once you start applying for the NROTC. is it when you have an interview with your NROTC recruiter in your district, or is it included in the physical test after you get accpted. And if you do get accepted can they do a random drug test during your senior year of highschool? (im currently a junior)

If you're doing the drugs during the program, there is an extremely high chance of getting caught. Best advice; stop doing them ASAP or don't apply.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I've already been beat three times already.

It seems that the consensus on the easiest solution is to NOT DO DRUGS. I know you're in the Bay area, but seriously....put the hippie juice down, get a haircut and get working on that app...

i understand the 0 tolerance the navy has for drugs, and im certainly not going to do it during the NROTC, but right now i still have the time to do things before i need to shape up for the navy. i just wanted to know when they do the drug test.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
i understand the 0 tolerance the navy has for drugs, and im certainly not going to do it during the NROTC, but right now i still have the time to do things before i need to shape up for the navy. i just wanted to know when they do the drug test.

I smell a troll, or someone just really clueless . . .

whalepelt

The application will ask you about your previous drug use. If you lie you are a slimeball. Stop now; at least then you can claim to have been long clean.

If you feel that this is too big a sacrifice, you don't belong.

SingDixieGoNavy

BeerMan
pilot
If you cant give up the drugs now (presumably) 6-10 months before starting NROTC how the he!! are you going to make it through the NROTC program (at a college where drugs will be readily available)? NO MEANS NO; 0 tolerance, one strike your out. It disgusts me that you want to lead young sailors or marines, yet you cant stop getting high. What the f? You want to be a leader start acting like one, or stop kidding yourself and don't apply for NROTC. You worthless excuse for a human being, dont dare come in my Navy!

IrishEagle85

Drug testing during NROTC is completely random. At my unit it's gauranteed you'll be tested a minimum of twice a semester, you get notified the evening before so you have approximately 18 hours to comply with the test or you'll be charged with a UA. We've never had that happen at our unit, but I suspect a UA for a Drug test could be possible grounds for dismissal from the program, just a hunch.

What's troubling to me is your attitude about it. If you're planning on joining the NROTC program and yet you still want to experiment with drugs before joining the program, I would be extremely skeptical of your aptitude to be an officer.

1. i wouldnt accuse me of being a troll. first of all i get a 4.2 gpa so i wouldnt really consider myself dumb.
2. i wouldnt be surprised if half the officers have done drugs. including underage drinking.
3. it seems like my question isnt going to get answered and that tensions will only rise, so i will stop now with the discussion, accuse me, hate me, but i will be an officer, and a damm good one ill promise you that. because if you cant answer a question for someone who needs help than why should YOU be a better officer than me.
and by the way i dont do cocain, meth, or anything like that. It looks like there is also a 0 tolerance for curiosity here.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

This is retarded.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
1. i wouldnt accuse me of being a troll. first of all i get a 4.2 gpa .

I guess you don't have a 6.0 because of grammar? Seriously, what the hell, a 4.2?

The fact is you do, or are considering doing drugs. Everyone else is saying don't do them. It's your choice.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
1. i wouldnt accuse me of being a troll. first of all i get a 4.2 gpa so i wouldnt really consider myself dumb.

I promise you this, the next 6 months will be the last time that ever matters. Congrats, but HS isn't going to get you anywhere that matters once you get into college.
2. i wouldnt be surprised if half the officers have done drugs. including underage drinking.
Drugs and alcohol are in completely different groups. I've seen a Midn get a DUI and stay in the program, I've have only observed one E-2 pop on a whiz quiz and stay in the Navy. Everyone else, gone.[/quote]

3. it seems like my question isnt going to get answered and that tensions will only rise, so i will stop now with the discussion, accuse me, hate me, but i will be an officer, and a damm good one ill promise you that. because if you cant answer a question for someone who needs help than why should YOU be a better officer than me.
and by the way i dont do cocain, meth, or anything like that. It looks like there is also a 0 tolerance for curiosity here.

I assure you, what ever you say here will not increase my bp one bit. I'm not going to answer a question to aid someone in using drugs, simply because they think they have time to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.