• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPQ'd E-2 but not C-2

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
The only thing I could think of would be the fuselage size is different. The E-2 is tiny but I know some big guys who fly it. I'd be curious the reasoning.

TheBirdy

pilot
The only thing I could think of would be the fuselage size is different. The E-2 is tiny but I know some big guys who fly it. I'd be curious the reasoning.
According to the Anthro sheet, it's my sitting height. I'm average height, 5' 10"-11", but I guess I have long legs and a short torso?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only anthro limits I ever heard of for E-2s was a 5'4" min height for NFOs; shorter than that and they'd have trouble pulling and replacing the ditching hatch. But that was an informal community thing, not a NAMI thing; shorties who wanted to go Hawkeyes could get a fit check. Ex-Mrs Fester was 5'1" in boots and passed her fit check.

The E-2 cockpit isn't that tiny. I knew a lot of big dudes who flew Hummers and CODs, including one guy who worked his way through college as an Atlanta club bouncer.

It's not so much that I'm surprised someone could anthro out of E-2s; it's that they could anthro out of E-2s but not CODs, and if they're too stretch for E-2s, I would think they'd be too stretch for ejection seats.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
According to the Anthro sheet, it's my sitting height. I'm average height, 5' 10"-11", but I guess I have long legs and a short torso?

Same thing happened to me and T-45s.

Of all the planes I've flown, the E-2 is probably the most uncomfortable.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Can't imagine any Handler or Boss being excited about a Plopter or two filling up his flight deck. Also, due to the nature of what the VRC guys do, I suspect you'll still see the det model - perhaps with minor modification.

Last edited:

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
What does a CVW have now? 70 planes?

Since we used to put 85 to 90 on the boat, there should be plenty of room if they want the Plopters live onboard.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Fixed wing: Around 56 + CODs
Rotary: YMMV depending on the CVW and what's detted out where.

Pretty sure our air boss would have had an aneurysm if he had to land, fold, and store one of those monsters.

Maybe if they get rid of the crossfit gym in the hangar bay, they'll have a spot to put it.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Helos: Nominally 6xMH-60S and 4xMH-60R. More or less (+/-2) Sierras depending on how many Dets their running.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Fixed wing: Around 56 + CODs
Rotary: YMMV depending on the CVW and what's detted out where.

Pretty sure our air boss would have had an aneurysm if he had to land, fold, and store one of those monsters.

Maybe if they get rid of the crossfit gym in the hangar bay, they'll have a spot to put it.
i don't get how the CV used to be able to spot 90 jets+helos and now they have 70 and everyone is afraid that a V-22 or two will break the deck. Plus it only had to go to the hangar if it's broken. Healthy birds live on the roof.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
i don't get how the CV used to be able to spot 90 jets+helos and now they have 70 and everyone is afraid that a V-22 or two will break the deck. Plus it only had to go to the hangar if it's broken. Healthy birds live on the roof.

Probably a combination of size (SH way bigger than an A-4 or A-7) and the fact that we've never had to spot something as big as an Osprey since the A-3.

We have to relearn/reinvent cyclic ops and tanking every COMPTUEX... I can only imagine how painful this will be.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
My first deployment had 2x Big Fighter squadrons, 2x Hornet squadrons, and 1x Hoover, Hummer, Big Jammer, and helo squadron. And, the handler made it work just fine....with lots of crunches. I think there are several factors at play, not least of which is the HSM/HSC helo-pazlooza.

Healthy birds live on the roof.
fewer and fewer of those....

exNavyOffRec

My first deployment had 2x Big Fighter squadrons, 2x Hornet squadrons, and 1x Hoover, Hummer, Big Jammer, and helo squadron. And, the handler made it work just fine....with lots of crunches. I think there are several factors at play, not least of which is the HSM/HSC helo-pazlooza.

fewer and fewer of those....

If I remember right on my first deployment the F-14's all had HB3, F-18/A-6/S-3 had HB2, H-60's/E-2's/EA-6B's had HB1 of course subsequent deployment had several non-working aircraft, I remember asking one of the aviation types why several planes had that reflective aluminum type stuff on the canopies, and he said those were planes that would get craned off in SD, there were many.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Probably a combination of size (SH way bigger than an A-4 or A-7) and the fact that we've never had to spot something as big as an Osprey since the A-3.

We have to relearn/reinvent cyclic ops and tanking every COMPTUEX... I can only imagine how painful this will be.
A V-22 isn't as big as an A-3. V-22 is smaller than a Shitter.

That said, the first couple of cruises with it will be filled with learning points. Each LHD went through an angsty period when they cruised with V-22s for the first time.