• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NPQ from Flight School

Pinehollow Farm

I was NPQ'd today. With the limited available positions for an ENS in the Navy, is it possible to go into the coast guard from here? I am certainly not fit to fly in either service but I would like to serve in the Coast Guard if at all possible.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Shit, that sucks. Almost happened to me, had a three day wait to find out for a heart murmor, all was ok. Remember, its not the end of a dream, make it the begining of another one. (sounds like yer doing just that) Do not hang out by yourself, staring at the ceiling of your room doesn't make you feel any better, I tried it.:icon_wink

Fetter

I'm curious, what did they get you for and at what point in training? If you don't mind me asking.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dang it!!! Didn't anyone tell you the gouge??? The arrow always points to the middle, the line is always on the middle step...

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I really hate to chime in on questions on which I have no real experience, but have you contacted 1) A Coast Guard Officer recruiter (if he doesn't know, he might be able to point you in the right direction) or 2) Your Command?

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Not sure of his name but there is a Coast Guard Captain down at NASP who is in charge of all the Coastie SNA's. Ask around to find out his name and then maybe schedule a meeting with him. From what I have heard he is a very helpful person and a lot of people have gone to him with questions to get pointed in the right direction.

Sorry to hear about being NPQ'd. Like Vapes said, figure out a new dream and don't let this get you down...

MasterBates

Are eye problems contagious in your apartment?

I had to strain at my physical, and I was only there one night (and slept in the PUMA)

I blame your AF roommate.

burningfeathers

Reading the grout jokes
Are eye problems contagious in your apartment?

I had to strain at my physical, and I was only there one night (and slept in the PUMA)

I blame your AF roommate.

Yeah 702 is cursed
Me: Phoria
Navy Roomie: Depth Perception
AF Roomie: some crap involving PRK not being done on time

Its a sad place to be sometimes......but at least we have rock band...:D

(MB spent inordinate amount of time playing rock band on my couch)

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Now if only they could roll Rock Band skills into the curriculum somehow...I think I would be able to learn to fly much easier if the control setup was a plastic paddle and six color-coded buttons.

Who's with me?

CoastieFlyer

Box Lunch Connoisseur
pilot
PM me and I'll get you the number for the Liaison Office at NAS Pensacola.

Captain Pettite runs the office down there and is very approachable. He's a good person to talk to.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
To the OP, get the ball rolling with what others have said. Also try searching around google/internet for standards.

And to continue the threadjack yes our apartment is cursed....