• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 09 Boards

curls11

hey im new to the airwarriors. but my recruiter just let me know last week that im in for the november boards. heres my quick stats:

20/M
OAR: 66
GPA: 3.43
MAJOR: Chemistry @ Muhlenberg College
MISCELLANEOUS: Two sport varsity athlete (All-conference linebacker in football and starting defenseman for lacrosse), certified writing tutor
APPLYING FOR: SWO (via bdcp)

Good luck to everybody!

m26

Contributor
hey im new to the airwarriors. but my recruiter just let me know last week that im in for the november boards. heres my quick stats:

...certified writing tutor...

I love ironic posts :D

Good luck! You've got some pretty good stats. Hopefully there'll be enough pro-recs to go around :)

If I don't hear by Monday I will probably go nuts :(

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
If I don't hear by Monday I will probably go nuts :(

Yeah, but who really thinks that's going to happen. The hearing by Monday part, not the going nuts part. I'm sure that for me, as for you, the going nuts part is almost a sure thing.

m26

Contributor
Shhh...

I really don't understand this process. If they can evaluate everyone in 1-2 days, I don't see why they couldn't post the results in the same timeframe. I can understand taking a long time to look at 100 applicants, evaluate them, and make a decision. Typing the decision into O-tools? How long could that take?

Obviously there are some moving parts that I don't see/understand.

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
I once heard someone describing Army Rangers. The description that he used comes to mind when I have to deal with CFs (the term is cluster f...) like the one that you described. He said, with a strange assumed accent, "Army Ranger, strong like bull! Smart like bull too!"
Yes sir. It is interesting how long things can take.

disclaimer: To any superior officers that read these notes and attempt to trace them back to the peons that wrote them, we aren't actually complaining. It is... constructive criticism... yeah. :D

bob88899

My guess would be... noo... everybodys getting back online after the long weekend... my bet is early next week :sleep_125haha... hopefully sooner though:icon_smil!

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
I say that they are waiting for an appropriate day. I put my bet on results being released on Dec 7th. It would be a memorable date. Any takers?

fuzzy

welllll i was going to wait until I checked with all of you today before calling my OR--but I couldn't resist. He "assured" me that Boards had met "around the 25th," but he had no results as of yet. Figured as much, but had to check. I'm going to think positively and say that at least one board result will trickle to somebody by the end of this week---but I'm not a betting man.

good luck.. the waiting truly begins now.

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
welllll i was going to wait until I checked with all of you today before calling my OR--but I couldn't resist. He "assured" me that Boards had met "around the 25th," but he had no results as of yet. Figured as much, but had to check. I'm going to think positively and say that at least one board result will trickle to somebody by the end of this week---but I'm not a betting man.

good luck.. the waiting truly begins now.

Back to the not trusting recruiters. My OR told me that the boards were meeting back around the 17th. I don't trust anything I am told as "hear-say".

Oh, and Fuzzy, I think that the waiting truly started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Or more. I actually turned in my package about a month ago, so... Yeah. That's when the waiting truly started for me.

Reactions: m26

STS1

The wait is over!

Back to the not trusting recruiters. My OR told me that the boards were meeting back around the 17th. I don't trust anything I am told as "hear-say".

Oh, and Fuzzy, I think that the waiting truly started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Or more. I actually turned in my package about a month ago, so... Yeah. That's when the waiting truly started for me.

You want to talk about waiting???? My package was signed for in millington on august 21st! And i found out yesterday that I was pro-rec'd Supply and SWO for the November Boards. Now the wait just transfers to the pro-rec message, then the FS message, and the wait for OCS! Welcome to the Navy life!!!!!!!!! Hurry up and wait!:icon_smil

Reactions: m26

docwaring

Pro Rec'd BDCP/SNA
Hell Yeah! Just found out I was pro rec'd for NA and SWO! First choice is pilot. See y'all in Rhode Island!

Way to go Chief Hawkes, my OR, for e-mailing me at 2200 to let me know!