• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

McBuff

Sees the light
I think we all know the feeling. I'm still waiting for a final select but a few weeks ago my recruiter told me to expect a 1FEB OCS date. I'm all psyched for a winter in Newport but with every day that passes, I think 1FEB is less and less likely. All we can do is wait.

Navy_DT

I pro rec'd for supply and now I am waiting on my med wiaver... I sooo cant wait to hear ... I get the same crap - next week, couple days, etc... its been longer and then of course there is additional medical documentation, etc, etc... but you know that with the Navy its a hurry up and wait game!

This weekend (long holiday wknd I might add), I have been trying to keep myself pumped with my military movies LOL :icon_tong Behind Enemy Lines, G.I. Jane, Few Good Men, and Antwone Fisher

I hear you guys talking about this pay thing? Once we are sworn in we get paid as an E-3 with BAH? Even if our orders to ship are ... say, 2 months away? Hmmm... I need to ask about that, I didnt know anything about that... collecting a double pay check or utilizing that time to get pumped at the gym?!?! :D

exo

Don't get too excited... the folks from the October boards are all still waiting for their finals selects...

McBuff

Sees the light
I hear you guys talking about this pay thing? Once we are sworn in we get paid as an E-3 with BAH? Even if our orders to ship are ... say, 2 months away? Hmmm... I need to ask about that, I didnt know anything about that... collecting a double pay check or utilizing that time to get pumped at the gym?!?! :D

Those are the BDCP peeps talking about pay. Unless I'm wrong, we don't get anything until we're in newport.

oldballs

I'm sure the command that processes all this final select stuff took 2 weeks off for the holidays... unlike my command that canceled all holiday leave. I would leave this afternoon if they would let me.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
I hear ya. When my OR asked when I planned on shipping before I had applied, I asked if there was a plane leaving in 50 minutes... seeing as that's how long it takes me to get to the airport.

bb081132

I never posted to say that I was pro-rec'd by the November board.

Congrats to all who were and good luck to all those who are still trying.

Never give up. Ever.

~BB

McBuff

Sees the light
Oh wow congrats! I was starting to think 1FEB wasn't going to happen for me but now its a reality again. I also need to kick it into overdrive.

ozlander03

Pro-Rec SNA
Congrats p_Crabb! Just talked to my OR... Got my FS, and I'm off to Newport 15 Feb! :D Swearing in sometime in the next couple weeks.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Congrats guys..looks like CNRC just got backed up before the holidays and seems like the pipeline is starting to flow again.

Again, congrats!

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Swore in today at NRD Jacksonville. Anyone else have a January 2011 OCS date?

Grats man. I haven't been told my OCS date, recruiter doesn't seem to know. I've been trying to get ahold of Bob (maybe you met him while you were there) to set up a few things, so i'll ask him next time we talk. It should be Jan 2011 though, as i'll be graduating the same time as you.

On another note I got my first paycheck a few days ago and it was pretty nice!

gatorjake18

I finally received my Final Select Letter for SNA yesterday. I swear in on Wednesday and report to OCS 31 May. Thanks to all who have given me guidance directly and indirectly. And to those still pursuing, DONT GIVE UP. Once I swear in it will be 2 years, 2 ASTB test, 2 boards, and 3 PRTs since I first started communicating with my recruiter. It may never be the quickest process, but just don't lose sight of the end objective.