• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

Lola

talked to my OR a few days ago....still waiting on the results for PAO....anyone else still waiting???

USNMark

BDCP guys must get faster final selections than others... a lot of us from the October boards are still waiting on our FS's and some of you BDCP guys from the November boards have starting receiving yours as of the 10th/11th/etc. of December. Craziness. I wonder what causes the difference in issuing letters

coredukes

None
Well I already had an active security clearance since its been less than a year since I separated and between pro rec and FS all I had left was my PRT and I did that the day after I got Pro rec'd. Maybe that sped up the process for me. Anyways I hope everyone whether BDCP or straight OCS get their FS ASAP. Enlisted once again after being a civilian less than a year and it feels great!!!

USNMark

Well I already had an active security clearance since its been less than a year since I separated and between pro rec and FS all I had left was my PRT and I did that the day after I got Pro rec'd. Maybe that sped up the process for me. Anyways I hope everyone whether BDCP or straight OCS get their FS ASAP. Enlisted once again after being a civilian less than a year and it feels great!!!

You have my congrats and my envy haha. Good luck in the future, hope to be joining you soon!

concept03

Information Warfare pro-rec

Pro-rec'd for Information Warfare. Can't hardly believe it! Found out on the 13th.

I still am waiting for something more official. I know I have to gain "Top Secret" clearance, but how long should this take?

I did have to retake my PFT, although I thought I did well when I first did it in April (86 pushups, 10:20 1.5 mile run, 80+ sit ups) . I retook it last week and my numbers were worse (which I expected to be ppor because my workouts had been lagging because I was convinced I wouldn't get selected until I finished my last semester of Physics).

Last week, my 1.5 mile run fell to a horrible 12:05, 76 pushups, 55 situps. I know, these are bad numbers. Although they meet the minimums, I will be a sack of crap if I even try to go to OCS in this poor of condition.

Could this new PFT affect my selection? I've started training again very seriously as soon as I heard I was pro-rec'd.

Has anyone else had experience waiting for Top Secret clearance? Currently I am a civilian with no security clearance of any kind.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Has anyone else had experience waiting for Top Secret clearance? Currently I am a civilian with no security clearance of any kind.

First of all congrats on the pro-rec! Second, if they go through the whole clearance process it could take as much as 6 months, sometimes more. It depends on your past. Some guys at my work have waited over 1.5 years, but i'm sure the military has a slightly higher priority than the civilian contractors. If you're young without many issues with the law, I wouldn't expect it to take more than a few months.

And on another note, i'm officially in the Navy! It feels good :D

Attachments

• signature.JPG
    signature.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 83

coredukes

None
First of all congrats on the pro-rec! Second, if they go through the whole clearance process it could take as much as 6 months, sometimes more. It depends on your past. Some guys at my work have waited over 1.5 years, but i'm sure the military has a slightly higher priority than the civilian contractors. If you're young without many issues with the law, I wouldn't expect it to take more than a few months.

And on another note, i'm officially in the Navy! It feels good :D

Feels good doesnt it atrickpay?

Concept, as long as you get a good-low there wont be a problem obviously you want to score the best you can but just make sure its at least a good-low. Good luck

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I'm envious atrickpay :D...I'm still waiting for my paperwork to make it through MEPS. I was told it would take about three days and its been almost two weeks now. I probally won't go now until Jan. and hopefully I can get my FS by Feb.

newsman

non-select for PAO :(

my credentials were:

OAR - 54, 6/6/6
College - Double Major in Journalism and Poli. Sci.
GPA - 3.94
Current job - TV reporter (been doing it for last 3 years)

If that's no good, I have no idea what they're looking for.

USNMark

my credentials were:

OAR - 54, 6/6/6
GPA - 3.94

Well.. you know what to do now right?

Re-apply! Do NOT give up. Perseverance will get you to your goal. Again, do NOT give up.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
new strategy

my credentials were:

OAR - 54, 6/6/6
GPA - 3.94

I am guessing you were an OCS applicant given the thread we are in. They take just a very few PAOs active duty per year. I don't think I have ever seen more then 10-12 per year, usually less. That is into the rarefied stratum of Congressmen sons and daughters and Admiral's nephews. Your stats would be very competitive as a direct commission officer in the Reserves. Relevant work experience is the deal maker there. You have apparently got that in spades. I know, you wanted active duty. As it turns out PAO is one of those jobs that Reservists get to perform very frequently in real world support. It is a very small community. Take a DIRCOM. Then take a set of orders for a week or two (longer is possible given the war and all) supporting a foreign ship visit, the Marine Corps Marathon, or for a big exercise overseas. Get a little visibility and then apply for active duty. It worked like a charm for a PAO buddy of mine and he is still on active duty nearly 10 years later. And if the transition to active duty doesn't work out you still get to serve, travel the world and network for an expanded civilian career, even as a DOD civilian in media if you wish.

newsman

hmmm, interesting advice with the reserves...i'll look into that. but seeing as i didn't get the active duty slot, when my time it up at my current station, about 7 months, i plan on attending grad school, and i don't know if going to grad school and being the reserves could really work out. but i just sent in my information to a reserve recruiter and see what he/she has to say.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hmmm, interesting advice with the reserves...i'll look into that. but seeing as i didn't get the active duty slot, when my time it up at my current station, about 7 months, i plan on attending grad school, and i don't know if going to grad school and being the reserves could really work out. but i just sent in my information to a reserve recruiter and see what he/she has to say.
The Reserve thing just might work out with grad school. Lots of guys go to grad school while in the reserves. As a non prior guy going into the reserves you can not be deployed or recalled for an extended period (ie supporting the war), until you have, I think, 2 years under your belt. If you didn't get picked up for the Reserves the first time around, then you would look that much better after grad school. Relevant work experience and a supporting grad degree is exactly what the direct commission Reserve program was designed for. If you have questions after talking to the Reserve recuiter, PM me.

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
I recieved my pro-rec nearly a month and a half ago. When I applied, I had both my MEPS and PRT completed. My OR told me that it shouldn't take more than two weeks. Now it's a month and a half later... I'm getting the itch! I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS TOWN! haha!