• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
FINAL SELECT! I swear in next Wednesday, and the recruiter said i'll get paid for this whole month. Hell yeah! I'm suprised it took less than a month, as I had 3 waivers that had to go through. Merry Christmas to me :D

Anyone else heard anything yet?

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Congrats! I'm still waiting on MEPS to review my paperwork so I can make an appointment. Hopefully I will be able to go next week.

ozlander03

Pro-Rec SNA
Congrats! I'm still waiting on the background check I think. Does crack dealing require a waiver? If so, it might take a little longer for me....

McBuff

Sees the light
I'm waiting on a PRK waiver so here's hoping. From what I understand, they don't actually finish the security clearance for several months so that usually doesn't hold up a final select. Everyone keep us posted, especially if you get a date.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I did my MEPS about a month before the board met and I already hold a security clearance so that may have sped up the process for me.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Congrats atrickpay. That's great that they worked you through in less than a month. I can only hope my MEPS goes smoothly tomorrow and no waivers required fo me, and I should be sitting pretty for the January boards. Let me know how it is getting a nice paycheck...hopefully I will be too next month.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Congrats atrickpay!!!

Thanks man you too! Let the paycheck collecting begin :piggy_125 If I remember correctly we will be getting the E-3 pay + BAH, so about $22-2500/month right? That is three times what i'm making now!

Plus, now that this month counts towards pay it'll probably count towards the '2 deans list in a row, promote to E-4' deal. I just finished finals and I may have a chance at it for the first time, so that would definitely be some motivation for next semester.

I appreciate all the congrats everyone, hopefully the rest of you won't have to wait too much longer =)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Thanks man you too! Let the paycheck collecting begin :piggy_125 If I remember correctly we will be getting the E-3 pay + BAH, so about $22-2500/month right? That is three times what i'm making now!

Plus, now that this month counts towards pay it'll probably count towards the '2 deans list in a row, promote to E-4' deal. I just finished finals and I may have a chance at it for the first time, so that would definitely be some motivation for next semester.

I appreciate all the congrats everyone, hopefully the rest of you won't have to wait too much longer =)

If you aren't sworn in then it doesn't count. You also only get paid from the time you swear in. forward. If you're swearing in next wednesday, that's after the 15th. So you would probably get paid for the 15 DEC - 01 JAN pay period.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
If you aren't sworn in then it doesn't count. You also only get paid from the time you swear in. forward. If you're swearing in next wednesday, that's after the 15th. So you would probably get paid for the 15 DEC - 01 JAN pay period.

Well final grades aren't released until the 19th so you never know. My recruiter told me I will get paid for this month, so I guess he meant only half of it. Either way, sweet deal. Now I just need to refer someone into the program.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC

I swore in Nov 14, does that mean I will get paid for ALL of November? Just for everyone who is waiting for final select and then pay, as previously mentioned, I swore in Nov 14 and should receive my first paycheck Dec 15. So the wait was about a month for me.

Does the military pay you ahead (ex: Dec 15 = pay for Dec 16 - 31) or behind (Dec 15 = pay for Dec 1 - Dec 15)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I swore in Nov 14, does that mean I will get paid for ALL of November? Just for everyone who is waiting for final select and then pay, as previously mentioned, I swore in Nov 14 and should receive my first paycheck Dec 15. So the wait was about a month for me.

Does the military pay you ahead (ex: Dec 15 = pay for Dec 16 - 31) or behind (Dec 15 = pay for Dec 1 - Dec 15)

I'd reckon they prorate your pay like any other job. I seriously don't think they'll pay you for time you didn't serve. But hey if they do why complain.