• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

coredukes

None
Gator did you end up getting your package in for the Jan. board I remember reading you didnt make it to the Nov. board, just wondering how its going?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Who is all BDCP in here? With the 50 package quota...is it 50 regular OCS and 50 BDCP? I would assume so, since we are filling different FY's and not directly competing.

One of you guys start up the January 2009 thread...I'm too superstitious. :)

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Who is all BDCP in here? With the 50 package quota...is it 50 regular OCS and 50 BDCP? I would assume so, since we are filling different FY's and not directly competing.

One of you guys start up the January 2009 thread...I'm too superstitious. :)

I doubt they get 50 apps per month for BDCP, but my guess is that the 50 is just an overall number. Who knows though, because that means if theres more guys going to BDCP that month you have a 'better' chance for a direct OCS slot. All other things being equal, you'd have less competition in your fiscal year.

Oh and I am BDCP. I would be curious to find out how many BDCP apps go up in the typical month, and what the selection percentages are. If any recruiter could comment on that i'd appreciate it.

Lobster

I doubt they get 50 apps per month for BDCP, but my guess is that the 50 is just an overall number. Who knows though, because that means if theres more guys going to BDCP that month you have a 'better' chance for a direct OCS slot. All other things being equal, you'd have less competition in your fiscal year.

Oh and I am BDCP. I would be curious to find out how many BDCP apps go up in the typical month, and what the selection percentages are. If any recruiter could comment on that i'd appreciate it.

In august my OR told me that there was 12 other BDCP SNA applicants and including me it was 13 total, I feel like august and july were much slower months than the past few though.

And sooner, 65-21 wasn't that much of a schalacking, I mean it was a pretty close game haha ;)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot

Well I'm straight OCS, that's where everyone is fighting each other for those slots...especially in January if it's true or not that the FY'09 spots are getting thin.

Lobster

My buddy told me the other night in the bar that he was applying for SNA and going to be in the January boards and at first I was psyched for him (I go to a very liberal college, not many people agree on the defending freedom thing) then I went "oh wait did you know the boards were cancelled for this month and december?

How far back are guys going to be pushed with the new limit on applicants and the boards not being held for these months?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I'm a poli sci major and I'm finishing up my BDCP package next week and submitting it in for the January boards...I'm going SNA only until I can't go in for it anymore (I turn 24 in March so I have time, lol) and if I still haven't gotten into OCS by graduation I'll put down NFO and possibly JAG. I'm scheduled to graduate December 2010 as well, so it looks like a lot of us BDCP'ers will (hopefully) be going in together. It looks like there's only a dozen BDCP applicants at any given time, so I'm feeling better now that it's not the nightmare the regular OCS field is currently facing.

I'll post my stats when I complete the ASTB next week, which I'm pretty confident of since my uncle (a current NFO) was prepping me for it. Plus, I took the AFOQT a few years back and did great...it just means I get to study hard over Turkey Day...

Congrats everyone who pro-rec'd, and for those who haven't got in yet I can't wait to be sweating bullets with you in January too.

Lobster

I'm a poli sci major and I'm finishing up my BDCP package next week and submitting it in for the January boards...I'm going SNA only until I can't go in for it anymore (I turn 24 in March so I have time, lol) and if I still haven't gotten into OCS by graduation I'll put down NFO and possibly JAG. I'm scheduled to graduate December 2010 as well, so it looks like a lot of us BDCP'ers will (hopefully) be going in together. It looks like there's only a dozen BDCP applicants at any given time, so I'm feeling better now that it's not the nightmare the regular OCS field is currently facing.

I'll post my stats when I complete the ASTB next week, which I'm pretty confident of since my uncle (a current NFO) was prepping me for it. Plus, I took the AFOQT a few years back and did great...it just means I get to study hard over Turkey Day...

Congrats everyone who pro-rec'd, and for those who haven't got in yet I can't wait to be sweating bullets with you in January too.

Best of luck to you on the test man!