• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

Roosterj

Talked to my OR, Tennessee apparently lost my record. My name is on the list to be reviewed for November (that's my ORs story), but somehow it was lost. Now unless a miracle happens I'm stuck waiting till January. How they lost my record is a mystrey to me. If i lost one of my Marines health records i would have been drawn and quarterd by the Seargent Major on down...

My issue is i graduate in December and I have financial obligations that i have to meet, add to that the down economy. Maybe i should give the airforce a call? They don't have ships but they do have golf courses. I can drive balls during my lunch hour!!!

PA-28III

Pro-Rec SNA with BDCP
So I gave the OR a call the other day. Apparently I should look to go final select in 2 weeks! Apparently since I had already completed the PRT and MEPS, the final select tends to process a little quicker.
That would be cool if it actually happened that quickly. I had all that stuff done also and I've waited 6 months and counting. In m experience with the Navy so far, I take the time frame they give me and add 2 weeks.;)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Talked to my OR, Tennessee apparently lost my record. ... How they lost my record is a mystrey to me. If i lost one of my Marines health records i would have been drawn and quarterd by the Seargent Major on down...
Ah come on, they didn't actually loose it. If it were lost you would have never seen it again. It was simply misplaced. ;)

Back when I was an active duty recruiter I took some NUPOC candidates back to interview. CNRC was in DC at the time so I popped in to talk to the faceless people on the other side of the phone. I couldn't believe how cluttered things were. Of course this was before electronic submissions, and there were application packages stacked all over the place in what seemed like no rhyme or reason. I found it somewhat unsettling. These were budding careers, life long dreams. It was no wonder they didn't loose, really loose forever, a half dozen apps a month. All the years I was in recruiting I never actually heard of an app being lost for good. Heard of a few getting misplaced and missing a board, as in this case, but nothing more.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
So I gave the OR a call the other day. Apparently I should look to go final select in 2 weeks! Apparently since I had already completed the PRT and MEPS, the final select tends to process a little quicker. He said that I should look to ship out around JAN, and at the latest FEB. I've been recieving a gouge from a friend who went last JAN. He said that due to winter, OCS typically becomes less running intensive. So what am I doing? Running like crazy that's what! HA! I've been searching online for workout routines to perform 100 consecutive pushups. Now I need to find a good routine for situps and I think I will be pretty desently set.

Keep us updated. I'll be curious to find out when everyone gets their final select notice, and then actually swears in.

I had my MEPS and PRT completed as well, but I still need a waiver to go through. I submitted it a month ago so i'm hoping it wont be too much longer.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Uh, I haven't been keeping track of every single page here...but has anybody gotten their notice in the mail yet? I'm really interested to see the hardcopy but mail to my school is slow.

When should we expect to get it by?

TopShot

BDCP SNA
I didn't realize they sent out a hard copy of your pro rec, that would be cool to have though. I've already completed my PRT and have MEPS the first week of December so hopefully my final select won't take long.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Hmm, well I guess I was just assuming they would. Why the hell else did I give them three different addresses?

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Hmm, well I guess I was just assuming they would. Why the hell else did I give them three different addresses?

I don't know why you even have 3 addresses, but that's beside the point. They don't send out a letter for the pro-rec, but they do for the final select. I don't know if it goes directly to you, or you get it through your recruiter, but I do remember hearing that you will get a copy one way or another.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
On the first page of the OCS form they ask for three different addresses...

Thanks for the info though. I guess I will stop checking the mail quite so often :(

Lobster

I didn't realize they sent out a hard copy of your pro rec, that would be cool to have though. I've already completed my PRT and have MEPS the first week of December so hopefully my final select won't take long.

You will not get it for a while and its nothing too special but it does give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside with words like "congradulations", "selected" and "elite";)

craftynation

has anyone in the november boards not been pro-reced yet?

I applied sna and swo...I know I'm in the nov boards because I saw my recruiters otools.

I saw everyone getting pro-rec so I called Wednesday[and I called thurs and fri with no results] to ask and my recruiter said no results yet but he got clearance from nrd LA to schedule my physical[apparently based on my stats NRD LA thinks I have a good shot so they preemptively scheduled it.....]

It sounds like the sna slots have been filled...and I read a couple posts on usnavyocs.com that a few guys got swo pro-rec.......so any1 out there still waiting to here something?

also there are all these rumors about boards being cancelled...such craziness

He also told me that a list came out of the people who weren't picked up and that I'm not on the list.

just wait till Monday I guess.

Anyone know why some people know they were selected while others have to wait? do they release results 1 recruit at a time or in groups?

insight anyone?

Roosterj

craftynation said:
He also told me that a list came out of the people who weren't picked up and that I'm not on the list.

just wait till Monday I guess.

Anyone know why some people know they were selected while others have to wait? do they release results 1 recruit at a time or in groups?

insight anyone?

Same thing happened to me. Got word from my OR that I will have to wait till January. I also heard a unsettling rumor from him that SWO is backed up till march. So I really have no idea what to think or feel... Page 16 i think has my last post about what happened to me.

BullGator

craftynation said:
...do they release results 1 recruit at a time ...?
From what I read, Yes. Your package probably just hasn't been looked at yet.

Congrats! all who were pro-rec'd! :)

craftynation

ya the rumors....i mean some guy b4 said he was sure there were no more sna slots for this year and yet there are 15 guys on here who got pro-rec.

I saw guys who got pro-rec swo so I dont think its off.

Roosterj

ya the rumors....i mean some guy b4 said he was sure there were no more sna slots for this year and yet there are 15 guys on here who got pro-rec.

I saw guys who got pro-rec swo so I dont think its off.

This whole process is about as clear as mud. Like any important or major evolution in the Navy, rumors are flying around all over the place, but none of them seem to be anywhere near accurate.