• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

Gills

I am also in the same boat. I applied for SWO only, read all these pro rec posts yesterday morning and immediately called my recruiter. But, I could not reach him. So don't worry guys, there are still people who haven't heard.

oldballs

didn't get NFO...

But got SWO!!! I feel like I've come full circle from flunking out that semester 8 years ago...

Still waiting on results from Supply, my first choice, but I'm ecstatic just with the opportunity for any commission.

Good luck to every one else!

euclid83

FS SNA
Well, I talked to my OR today and apparently I didn’t even make it to this month’s board. He informed me that due to the large amount of applications not all that are submitted can be reviewed that month. According to him, the board is now seeing only 50 applications per month. As a result, each application that cannot be reviewed is pushed back to a later month. What is disheartening about the situation is that my application was submitted October 3rd and my OR can’t even tell me at which board I will be reviewed. Has anyone else heard about this, or in a similar situation?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
The next boards for your designators convene in January. However, it could be for a couple of reasons. Did he say specifically that it was because there were too many packages at the board? Also, around the 8th or 9th of November he should have (or you should have asked) if you were "at board"...a list comes out of the packages that will be reviewed.

The second scenario, which happened to me in April, my GPA was not sufficient but the rest of my package was good so my recruiter was like "eh let's just try it." It didn't make it past the first screening because of my gpa and thus I was not reviewed at the board. It took almost 6 months for me to get it up.

Like everyone in here, you should post up your stats. I too will be at the freakin Jan. boards...grrrr, but I guess it is a good thing, it has my new GPA and new ASTB scores. Hang in there man and just keep tracking.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Well, I talked to my OR today and apparently I didn’t even make it to this month’s board. He informed me that due to the large amount of applications not all that are submitted can be reviewed that month. According to him, the board is now seeing only 50 applications per month. As a result, each application that cannot be reviewed is pushed back to a later month. What is disheartening about the situation is that my application was submitted October 3rd and my OR can’t even tell me at which board I will be reviewed. Has anyone else heard about this, or in a similar situation?

Sounds to me like someone, somewhere, screwed up and doesn't want to admit it. I submitted mine after that and was still reviewed. Not sure if that has something to do with me being BDCP, but from what i've seen, submitting a whole month early is usually a guarantee to make the boards. Sorry to hear the news, especially since the wait is 2 months instead of 1. :(

euclid83

FS SNA
Yes, my OR did specifically say that there were too many packages to be reviewed this month. I have asked him multiple times (and he’s probably sick of me) if there was any way to know for sure if you’re up for review by the board. He said the only way to know is when he gets a select/non-select response back from the board. Never has he mentioned an “at board” list. I expressed my concerns to him today that something could be wrong, such as a missing/lost document in my package, considering I submitted my package almost 2 months ago. For all I know the processors for the board never even got my package, and according to him there is no way to tell. You would think surely that there was some sort of confirmation of the transaction.
P.S. Where is a sufficient place to post my stats?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1707&page=22 You can post there...or you can post in here, it does not matter.

All recruiters get an "at board" list prior to the board meeting. If you reallllly want to know you can just contact the NRD that you are affiliated with. I'm in OKC but I belong to NRD Dallas. I don't recommend going above your recruiter but whenever you really need to know something that is important that your recruiter could not answer, I believe it is fine to contact them in my opinion. Just don't dime out your recruiter and at the next board you can just call and say "I'm up for the boards this month, is there any way to see if I'm actually going to be reviewed?" and they should be able to tell you, provided the 'at board' list is released.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
Yes, my OR did specifically say that there were too many packages to be reviewed this month. I have asked him multiple times (and he’s probably sick of me) if there was any way to know for sure if you’re up for review by the board. He said the only way to know is when he gets a select/non-select response back from the board. Never has he mentioned an “at board” list. I expressed my concerns to him today that something could be wrong, such as a missing/lost document in my package, considering I submitted my package almost 2 months ago. For all I know the processors for the board never even got my package, and according to him there is no way to tell. You would think surely that there was some sort of confirmation of the transaction.

P.S. Where is a sufficient place to post my stats?

Either your profile or the appropriate submission month thread (such as this one). From what I have heard, there is a list that recruiters can get in the first or second week of each month that shows who's packages will be reviewed that month. Maybe you should look into getting another recruiter if you're not satisfied with this one.

euclid83

FS SNA
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1707&page=22 You can post there...or you can post in here, it does not matter.

All recruiters get an "at board" list prior to the board meeting. If you reallllly want to know you can just contact the NRD that you are affiliated with. I'm in OKC but I belong to NRD Dallas. I don't recommend going above your recruiter but whenever you really need to know something that is important that your recruiter could not answer, I believe it is fine to contact them in my opinion. Just don't dime out your recruiter and at the next board you can just call and say "I'm up for the boards this month, is there any way to see if I'm actually going to be reviewed?" and they should be able to tell you, provided the 'at board' list is released.

I feel really ignorant asking this, but what is the NRD and how do you know which one you are associated with? And if I were to contact the NRD would I need any specific information for them (such as a SSN)? I dont want to go over my recruiter's head but this is EXTREMELY important to me and I can't seem to get a straight answer from him.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Either your profile or the appropriate submission month thread (such as this one). From what I have heard, there is a list that recruiters can get in the first or second week of each month that shows who's packages will be reviewed that month. Maybe you should look into getting another recruiter if you're not satisfied with this one.

I believe asking for a new recruiter should be your LAST resort. There are too many risks with that.
1) What if you request a new one..and the NRD considers your recruiter to be a great one and has had no complaints..it makes you look bad.
2) Word always gets back to your current recruiter and I am not a big believer in burning bridges. These recruiters do have an influence on your package.

Just work with your recruiter, be respectful, if they cannot answer something, there are plenty of resources to use. This site and your NRD for instance...if all else fails and you reallllly feel it is getting you nowhere, then I would entertain that possibility.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I feel really ignorant asking this, but what is the NRD and how do you know which one you are associated with? And if I were to contact the NRD would I need any specific information for them (such as a SSN)? I dont want to go over my recruiter's head but this is EXTREMELY important to me and I can't seem to get a straight answer from him.

There are a couple recruiters who peruse these threads. I'll let them get into that with you, or you can just ask your recruiter. The NRD = Navy Recruiting District. Think of it like a 'hub'. I'm in Oklahoma..but all my stuff goes through my recruiter..and my recruiter sends all my stuff to the NRD in Dallas. I am in the Dallas "district" if you get what I am saying. When I call the NRD..now I actually have a direct line, but before I had to call the main line..and you go through a screener (at least here)..and then they hand you off to the appropriate area.

blakaccl1

So, when a person selected for multiple fields, how does those slots that dont get selected get handled? You are selecting NFO, so what happens the the supply and SWO slots? Do they go back into the "needed" column, and if so, when?

I believe they would. It wouldnt make sense for them to not fill the quota. Not sure when they add it back.

McBuff

Sees the light
Euclid,

Just be patient but persistent with your recruiting office. If I remember correctly from last month, someone else had problems in the Atlanta area. I think asking for a new recruiter or going over his head is the last thing you want to do. As things are, you may have to wait a few months to be selected. If you burn your bridge, you might not get selected at all. From reading on this site, I've found that the recruiters are some of the hardest working people in the Navy, but they all just do things a little differently. My recruiter has said some things that sounded strange to me, but it has all worked out. If something seems strange to you, use the recruiters here as a supplement. Good Luck.

grant_davis

First Try: 5/4/5/51 Second Try: 5/5/6/49 3.7 GPA dual major. Non-Select... What do yall think, work on the other parts of my package or risk taking the test again? At first I was thinking suck it up and take the test, but the more I think about it the less that sounds like the best plan. I am pretty sure I am going to need PRK so I am thinking do that now then, while my eyes heal, try to get some interviews and fix up my motivational statement. It seems like with my GPA and a good motivational statement/ LOR's the board might over look my weak ASTB scores.

If I can get an interview, Santa brings me some flight time, I fix up my motivational statement and add some more community service to my application do you think it would be enough to “significantly change” my package? If so I could apply in three months when my eyes were healed. (Assuming I am in the range that only requires three months)

Or take the test in January, fix up my package, submit, and be done with it by February.