• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 08 Boards

swerdna

None
Contributor
public viewing

anyone know if the selection boards are made available for the public (ie us)? If so, where can we find them?

craftynation

I talked to my OR, My record went up to the board, and is on list to be reviewed for the NOV board, but no status on whether i was denied or accepted.
So now i am playing "hurry up and wait" for word.:icon_rage

Prior experience tells me this happens a lot in the navy, just sucks when it happens to you.

my OR said the same thing....do they release the results 1 at a time? he said he checked his Otools and that my package is still in review.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Ah hah! I got it!!!! SNA!!

...now I just need to break the news to my mother...haha

p_crabb13

Final Select SNA
When I recieved the call this morning, I must admit that I was in a little bit of shock with the results being out so soon. In fact, I was so overwhelmed I didn't pay attention to anything about final select information. I have a couple question, as I try to stay out of my OR's business as best I can. 1) Before I applied I had already passed MEPS and my PRT, is the final select simply a waiting game now? 2) My OR mentioned that I should look to ship out to OCS around JAN, is the realistic? 3) My OR said that he wanted me to retake the PRT before I ship to ensure that I remain in "OCS shape", is this at all strange. Thanks for the replies, and again congrats to all.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
When I recieved the call this morning, I must admit that I was in a little bit of shock with the results being out so soon. In fact, I was so overwhelmed I didn't pay attention to anything about final select information. I have a couple question, as I try to stay out of my OR's business as best I can. 1) Before I applied I had already passed MEPS and my PRT, is the final select simply a waiting game now? 2) My OR mentioned that I should look to ship out to OCS around JAN, is the realistic? 3) My OR said that he wanted me to retake the PRT before I ship to ensure that I remain in "OCS shape", is this at all strange. Thanks for the replies, and again congrats to all.

Yes, now you wait. If they want you to take the PRT take the doggone PRT again. If that's the way YOUR OR wants to run things then listen up and oblige. Who knows if JAN is realistic. If they give you a JAN OCS date then yes it is.

You might wait a month, maybe less or maybe more. But if they said January get ready because it's just around the corner. Good luck to you and congratulations. Stay safe.

exo

My OR told me I needed to have a current PRT within 30 days of shipping to OCS. Also, is Jan realistic? I don't know. I was pro-rec'd in October, still waiting for a date and I am expecting Feb. I have heard from a recruiter on the West Coast that several of his Oct pro-rec's have Feb OCS dates. You need to remember that there are no OCS classes starting right before XMAS so that pushes things back.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a couple question, as I try to stay out of my OR's business as best I can. 1) Before I applied I had already passed MEPS and my PRT, is the final select simply a waiting game now? 2) My OR mentioned that I should look to ship out to OCS around JAN, is the realistic?

If you were told to expect Jan, that is right around the corner and you have every right to call and ask questions as they realize you have to make arrangements to be where Navy wants you to be. Unless you're living with Mom/Dad (or a nice Cougar), most people have to start arranging to be gone from job, housing situation, etc. Don't be shy on phone or simply use email.

euclid83

FS SNA
Is there anyone else in here who’s up for the November board and hasn’t heard from their recruiter? I’m up for this month’s board and I haven’t heard anything yet. I tried calling my OR yesterday and, of course, I couldn’t get in touch with him. I’m so anxious I could explode!!

jdbryan

I havent heard yet either, but it depends on what you are applying for. Some jobs havent met yet. So far the only ones that have said they were accepted were all flying spots.

euclid83

FS SNA
I applied for SNA and SNFO. I hoping to get in touch with my OR today. Ive been waiting for so long (application submitted October 3) that Im just ready to hear anything, yes or a no.